HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmmm... I have like 700 bucks to spend right now...

was thinking of getting another pistol (a P7 that I saw)

but a supressor sounds almighty sweet too

what are my options for one? preferably 700-800 with the stamp, but I'm not sure. I know rifle suppressors go for about a grand.

an original one would be nice for the Mk23, I think Knight Armament made them?

anyone to steer me in the right direction?

also I guess this would be a LH threaded suppressor which means I won't be able to use it on other .45s

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
The KAC can is decent. It's not quite as quiet as the newer cans but it is A LOT heavier. For me it was a toss up between the Tirant and Osprey. I went with the Tirant and was very happy. But with the cost of a tax stamp + retail price of a can with tax you're looking at over $1000. The Osprey has the same retail price. Unless you can find a deal you'll need to save a little more cash.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you want to match the kit the govt used it would be the kac can.

If you want the best IMO go with the osprey. The tirant is a close second. You can get them for less then retail. Hit up silenced America for good pricing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Slincerco Osprey has a removable "Piston" that can be changed out for different barrel thread. To me, a larger investment that can be used on multiple firearms is better than cheaper only on one. The "Piston" is $80 on Silencerco website.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Slincerco Osprey has a removable "Piston" that can be changed out for different barrel thread. To me, a larger investment that can be used on multiple firearms is better than cheaper only on one. The "Piston" is $80 on Silencerco website.

very interesting.

he said in the video that you cn change the caliber by changing the piston... how does that work? use 1 can for any caliber? (I suppose you can use a 45 can for a 9mm, but it own't be optimum?

·
Registered
77 Posts
very interesting.

he said in the video that you cn change the caliber by changing the piston... how does that work? use 1 can for any caliber? (I suppose you can use a 45 can for a 9mm, but it own't be optimum?
Yep. If you have the 45 you can get pistons for 45, 40, and 9 thread patterns. You can even run some subsonic rifle loads through it. It's a nifty little design.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I agree. I have been very happy with my Blackside.

You're not going to find a KAC in the price range you listed. I would suggest the Gemtech Blackside .45

·
Registered
86 Posts
very interesting.

Demo of multi calibers. Suppressed vs non suppressed.
All shot dry. Osprey 45 (45,40,9) Osprey 40 (40,9) Osprey 9 (9)

The 45 and 40 are 8" and 9mm is 7"

·
Registered
613 Posts
I believe technology has improved since the Knights Armaments where designed.
You must check out the ACC TiRant 45. full sized model. It's as quite as the Osprey, but round.
You can also take it apart for service yourself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a TiRant full-size and love it. It is as quiet as my .40 can and take-apart (which is nice when you shoot as much as I do). I also think AAC has the highest quality in the industry. Their more compact (louder) version of the TiRant paired with an HK45C has its own NSR#; I'm guessing the requirements for that selection were pretty rigorous.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I really like my TiRant. It's super light and very quiet. I know it isn't quite within your budget but it's worth it.

This is an old photo I snapped when my NFA dealer received the can. It was sad when I had to give it back to him so he could put it away in the safe for 6 months until my tax stamp arrived. I've got it now and actually did a youtube video or it but haven't uploaded yet. I'll try and get it up soon.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I will be purchasing the Osprey soon! For the Mark 23 of course! The wait is going to kill me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
86 Posts
I will be purchasing the Osprey soon! For the Mark 23 of course! The wait is going to kill me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I do not know about your region, but a guy here in Colorado just got his transfer after 8 Months 1 week.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I really like my TiRant. It's super light and very quiet. I know it isn't quite within your budget but it's worth it.

This is an old photo I snapped when my NFA dealer received the can. It was sad when I had to give it back to him so he could put it away in the safe for 6 months until my tax stamp arrived. I've got it now and actually did a youtube video or it but haven't uploaded yet. I'll try and get it up soon.
Now that's a nice setup!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
also I guess this would be a LH threaded suppressor which means I won't be able to use it on other .45s
The MK23 is 16x1 RH threaded whereas the USP is 16x1 LH. Both are pretty proprietary, although the KRISS Vector Super V SBR is also 16x1 LH like the USP. That'll be my next purchase after UMP SBR and AAC can.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts