HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have a HK91K back from being converted to use with my registered pack in a couple weeks and am wondering if anyone is running a suppressor on theirs. I know that's not the point with a HK51 but the British SAS IIRC used a suppressor on the G3K at one point. I have a Silencerco Omega but its only rated down to 16". I was thinking a Saker 7.62 or maybe the new Surefire SOCOM2 300SPS. Are there any other suggestions?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I should have a HK91K back from being converted to use with my registered pack in a couple weeks and am wondering if anyone is running a suppressor on theirs. I know that's not the point with a HK51 but the British SAS IIRC used a suppressor on the G3K at one point. I have a Silencerco Omega but its only rated down to 16". I was thinking a Saker 7.62 or maybe the new Surefire SOCOM2 300SPS. Are there any other suggestions?
The Specwar 7.62 is rated for 12" 7.62x51mm and 7" 5.56x45mm. It is durable and quiet -but heavy and long. I use mine on a HK53 and MM11. The Saker has the same barrel length ratings and is a little shorter and lighter, but less quiet -I think it would be my choice. To my knowledge, these two are the only good choices for such short barrels. Silencerco has also confirmed to me in an email that they would honor their warranty for full auto use on the aforementioned two weapons.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I'm using my AAC sdn .308 can on my 91k with "luck" I have shot some of the DAG as well on both semi and full. Zero issues.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I just put a Saker 7.62 in NFA jail for my upcoming G3K build.

The Dead Air Sandman and Sandman S have no barrel length restrictions at all.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
@har1340 just to be clear you shot the blue ammo through your suppressor with out any issues? How did it sound?! I've always wanted to try this but feared of a baffle strike with such a light weight bullet.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
@har1340 just to be clear you shot the blue ammo through your suppressor with out any issues? How did it sound?! I've always wanted to try this but feared of a baffle strike with such a light weight bullet.
Zero issues. Now the gun was bone nice and clean and shot 20-25 DAG on semi. and a full 20 round mag on full, zero issues. Now get that gun good and grubby, I would not want to keep shooting, although may not be an issue. As far as how quite, pretty dam cool, no other way to type in the words but dam cool!

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you go with a QD can, just be sure you can get a flash hider/muzzle brake in the thread pitch you need. If 5/8x24, you're golden, but there is little available in 15mmx1.

Silencer Co has deactiviated their 15mmx1 Trifecta FH for ordering, with word being that there'll be another run, but ETA is undetermined. A few of us have been looking for the FH's with none in stock anywhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank Ya'll for your thoughts. I had thought about the Spec war but it's really big so I'm leaning against it but the Saker is what I was leaning towards. I hadn't even thought about Dead Air but that's a very interesting option I'll have to look at. I may have to look at Rugged and Griffin to see if they are an option too. Thanks for bringing up the other post not sure why I didn't see it.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If you go with a QD can, just be sure you can get a flash hider/muzzle brake in the thread pitch you need. If 5/8x24, you're golden, but there is little available in 15mmx1.

Silencer Co has deactiviated their 15mmx1 Trifecta FH for ordering, with word being that there'll be another run, but ETA is undetermined. A few of us have been looking for the FH's with none in stock anywhere.
I can't believe they just stopped selling 15x1 flash hider mounts right after I purchased a Saker! I guess I will with have to see if they get more in stock till my form 4 comes back or brake down and get their AAC 51T adapter and get a flash hider mount from AAC...

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I am going to run an AAC 51T on my G3K clone. I have a Saker 762 with the AAC adapter, and I can run the AAC 762SD or the Saker 762 using the same mount. I also have a Dead Air Sandman-L inbound but I havent decided if it's going to live on my Rem 700 or not

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
They still list a trifecta for the saker (as of today), but no ASRs right now.
Thank you for that info. I just jumped on their online store and ordered one. I feel better now...just more poor...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another option if you want to run a Saker 7.62 and they're out of stock or stop making the Saker mounts in M15x1 is to use the Silencerco AAC mount module for the Saker and use an AAC 51T Blackout mount with the Saker

1 - 14 of 14 Posts