HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

19430102_1485370848176022_8354881164134483346_n.jpg

Is this some kind of limited run? I have never seen H&K guns with red accents on their guns like that!

:3000000:

·
Sheepdog in West Texas
1,754 Posts
Nope, just a gun seller with a small bottle of Testors RED model paint and several fine brushes

I've seen several now. Seems to be a new 'thing' to pimp up your HK Black pistol with a little red paint

Reactions: WolfieRules

·
Sheepdog in West Texas
1,754 Posts
It's not even touching up a firearm that has worn info on it - this is people just wanting to be different and dress up their pistol

Just because it's NOT HK FACTORY APPLIED doesn't make it bad, just different

·
Registered
687 Posts
No its not factory.
No, it's not a new thing. People have been doing this for many, many, many, years.

Omega- this actually works wonders for the numbers over your witness holes in your mags ;) Back in the day when my eyes actually worked, I used to treat them with luminescent paint. Kinda worked, kinda didn't in dim light... depended on if I'd left the mags sitting out or not. But it did make for a decent contrast when the paint wasn't "charged".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, just a gun seller with a small bottel of Testors RED model paint and several fine brushes

I've seen several now. Seems to be a new 'thing' to pimp up your HK Black pistol with a little red paint

wallew,

Hmmmm, makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

the only area I would touch up is the safety lever markings for S / F

if the original marking wore off
omega hkpro,

Good point, I will definitely keep this in mind.

It's not even touching up a firearm that has worn info on it - this is people just wanting to be different and dress up their pistol

Just because it's NOT HK FACTORY APPLIED doesn't make it bad, just different
wallew,

Another good and justifying point! :3000000:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No its not factory.
No, it's not a new thing. People have been doing this for many, many, many, years.

Omega- this actually works wonders for the numbers over your witness holes in your mags ;) Back in the day when my eyes actually worked, I used to treat them with luminescent paint. Kinda worked, kinda didn't in dim light... depended on if I'd left the mags sitting out or not. But it did make for a decent contrast when the paint wasn't "charged".
DarkeWolf,

I totally agree. Customization of one's belongings is very natural and abundant; it's just that I am just getting into the firearms hobby and I usually picture all guns "stock" and "OEM" from the manufacturer. :690: :redface:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Heya Moguera! LOL sorry, I was kinda mixing my responses in, to everybody that had posted, all at once. I didn't really mean all of it directly to you.
Tends to happen when I'm up way after my bedtime, haha.
I agree tho, the way I see it, it's your gun, and as long as it's still a safe mod, go for it if you wanna do it. Now granted....some of it might not be to my particular taste (that team cerakote that had the horrid lime green kote that was selling on GB!!) but.... ya know.

Depending on what they used, if you don't like the accenting, you might be able to take it off with acetone (aka fingernail polish remover). [Edit] Ok, scratch that. Don't use acetone on a polymer frame. And could be harmful to other finishes as well. Thanks for the correction Condition0! [/edit] Tho I don't know if I'd recommend trying anything else, as far as chemical, other than a toothpick and trying to scrape it out. (I definitely don't recommend acetone on a cerakoted gun tho!! That's what they use to strip the 'kote off with. This one isn't 'koted, but just for future knowledge.)

Hahaha yeah, I can understand that. I guess I just started this back in the day when about 50-70% of used pistols and even some rifles, were modified in some fashion or another. Most often in the form of aftermarket grips or sights. Hahaha wait til you see a gun with silver or gold screws that somebody has added! ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heya Moguera! LOL sorry, I was kinda mixing my responses in, to everybody that had posted, all at once. I didn't really mean all of it directly to you.
Tends to happen when I'm up way after my bedtime, haha.
I agree tho, the way I see it, it's your gun, and as long as it's still a safe mod, go for it if you wanna do it. Now granted....some of it might not be to my particular taste (that team cerakote that had the horrid lime green kote that was selling on GB!!) but.... ya know.

Depending on what they used, if you don't like the accenting, you might be able to take it off with acetone (aka fingernail polish remover). Tho I don't know if I'd recommend trying anything else, as far as chemical, other than a toothpick and trying to scrape it out. (I definitely don't recommend acetone on a cerakoted gun tho!! That's what they use to strip the 'kote off with. This one isn't 'koted, but just for future knowledge.)

Hahaha yeah, I can understand that. I guess I just started this back in the day when about 50-70% of used pistols and even some rifles, were modified in some fashion or another. Most often in the form of aftermarket grips or sights. Hahaha wait til you see a gun with silver or gold screws that somebody has added! ;)
DarkeWolf,

Hehe, no worries! I am a big fan of how guns look from the manufacturer (I am partial to H&K and Glock firearms) so I think I will try try to keep them that way for at least a while. I think, for a night stand weapon, I would add a light to it.

I am quite the opposite with my guitars; I modify the living lights out of them! :6200:

·
Sheepdog in West Texas
1,754 Posts
TwoSixy,

Haven't we always said that HK's ARE THE BARBIE of firearms? You can dress them up. Dress them down.

There is an HK firearm for every person out there. SOME OF US have more than one (as you well know)...

It's a bad habit that I'm GLAD TO HAVE.

And a little more than 20 years ago, while I was in gunsmithing school, I used to share a table and back in the day, I used to 'bling up' AK's with touches of gold (screw and levers). It made them fly off my table. EVERY TIME! Personally I didn't understand but to each his own.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can buy laquer sticks from Brownells in different colors to fill in markings. When I used to collect milsurp rifles it was pretty popular to highlight markings and stamps - especially for the sake of for sale photos.

I would love to find some 'HK Gold' for filling proof marks back in after refinishing a pistol. Try and keep the factory look somewhat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TwoSixy,

Haven't we always said that HK's ARE THE BARBIE of firearms? You can dress them up. Dress them down.

There is an HK firearm for every person out there. SOME OF US have more than one (as you well know)...

It's a bad habit that I'm GLAD TO HAVE.

And a little more than 20 years ago, while I was in gunsmithing school, I used to share a table and back in the day, I used to 'bling up' AK's with touches of
gold (screw and levers). It made them fly off my table. EVERY TIME! Personally I didn't understand but to each his own.
wallew,

I think I am infected with the H&K virus.......:3000000:

You can buy laquer sticks from Brownells in different colors to fill in markings. When I used to collect milsurp rifles it was pretty popular to highlight markings and stamps - especially for the sake of for sale photos.

I would love to find some 'HK Gold' for filling proof marks back in after refinishing a pistol. Try and keep the factory look somewhat.
crang11,

Do you have any pictures of such rifles? :3000000:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I thought about doing something with the HK logo etching on my P2K. It's so shallow from factory and eventually looks like ��.

·
Registered
64 Posts
wallew,

I think I am infected with the H&K virus.......:3000000:

crang11,

Do you have any pictures of such rifles? :3000000:
Not on me at the moment but if you go to Google Images and search for M14 Receiver Heel plenty of pictures come up. You will notice many of the stamps are just plain black and about a quarter of them the lettering is white. The white ones are almost all done with lacquer sticks. Its moderately durable- will last a number of cleaning but eventually has to be filled back in. Only takes a few seconds to do. I have had the same lacquer stick going for 20 years!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’ve done all my USPs similar to that with red and white nail polish. That one looks cool I think.
iLikeUSPsBetter,

I will keep this in mind, the look definitely changes when accented with color. I think it looks great! :3000000:

I thought about doing something with the HK logo etching on my P2K. It's so shallow from factory and eventually looks like ��.
410Guy,

If you do, please share pictures! :3000000:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not on me at the moment but if you go to Google Images and search for M14 Receiver Heel plenty of pictures come up. You will notice many of the stamps are just plain black and about a quarter of them the lettering is white. The white ones are almost all done with lacquer sticks. Its moderately durable- will last a number of cleaning but eventually has to be filled back in. Only takes a few seconds to do. I have had the same lacquer stick going for 20 years!
crang11,

I'lll give it a shot and check them out!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts