HKPRO Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how many of the people who are saying this is a silly complaint have actually shelled out the money for one of these guns?

·
Registered
44 Posts
WOW... of all things to worry about, I don't purchase firearms because they are going to be safe queens or display toys free of all scuffs and all pretty... I spend my money on tools to be used, a little wear mark or tooling marks are just that, part of life .....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how many of the people who are saying this is a silly complaint have actually shelled out the money for one of these guns?
IN the last week I have bought a P-30 and A HK45....

They are not the only HK's that I have owned and will not be the last, they are simply tools to be used for a purpose.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I have both the HK45 and P30 and could care less about the extremely minor discoloration of the slide release and I am very picky with my firearms. They work all the time everytime and that is what matters most.

WOW... of all things to worry about, I don't purchase firearms because they are going to be safe queens or display toys free of all scuffs and all pretty... I spend my money on tools to be used, a little wear mark or tooling marks are just that, part of life .....
+1!! Well said!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have wondered myself about the purple colors of metal in HK and the gold color of the slide releases peering through. It personally don't bother me due to the factors. The most important part for me is durability of the finish and the overall function of my gun/tool

·
Registered
498 Posts
I can't believe this topic has generated as much interest as it has. I plan to buy an HK45 and the slide release lever issue does not in the least change my mind.
If the slide itself had the same issue, I might be more concerned, but that's apparently not the case.
Also, it's not a QC issue.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I own a HK P30 and I love the gun, so far it has performed flawlessly. As far as the finish goes that is the least of my worries. Like people said in the forum before function over finish... I purchased it for the sole purpose as a duty weapon, not a safe queen.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Well, I've been reading this thread and watching it develop. . .

The bottom line is this: It is obvious that ALL new HK45s have this personality trait of having a "worn-looking" slide release. As has been said, it appears in ALL pictures, regardless of whether submitted by a forum member, or whether it is an OFFICIAL HK factory picture. Clearly, it is NOT a defect guys! That would be sorta' like saying that my brand-new stonewashed denim jeans have a "defect" where the pocket edge looks prematurely worn. If ya don't like that look, then you shoudn't buy pre-washed jeans. There are PLENTY of jeans available for sale that will stay "new-looking" for several wash-cycles. . .

The HK45 is a piece of military equipment, made and intended for the battlefield, much like an artillery piece or a tank, or even a Humvee. Military equipment conforms to different standards and specifications than civilian equipment. If you want beauty, polish and creature comforts, you don't buy a Humvee, you buy a Hummer. If you want max battle-zone reliability, you get the Humvee.

Whether you call it a defect or not, this characteristic is part of what makes an HK45 an HK45. It is the nature of the beast. You knew it was like that before you bought it (or should have), and as others have said, you can re-finish it differently if you feel the need.

Pending HK45 buyers beware and TAKE NOTICE: ALL NEW HK45s WILL COME WITH A WORN-LOOKING BRASSY SLIDE-STOP, AND WILL NOT BE QUITE AS "PRETTY" AS A COMMEMORATIVE COLLECTOR'S DISPLAY PIECE. There. Now you know, and have no reason to complain about it after you buy one. :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Though I have no proof, and it will likely upset some here IMO I think they are having stuff made by third parties, hence the switch to laser engraving, likely done after the part passes HK muster IMO

I think they are BSing us IMO

61 - 72 of 72 Posts