HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can be done with the USC factory barrel? Has anyone had one cut down and threaded? I am planning to sbr so I definitely want a short barrel. I like the way the HDPS barrels look with the ring around it. Like the factory UMP barrel. Just trying to be a cheap ass again. Let me know if you've done something with your barrel. Pics as always or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I've done nothing with my long .45 barrel.
I have a short .40 barrel and I'm not paying more than $70 for
a .45 mag (I have no .45 mags) so I'll probably end up doing nothing with the .45 barrel.
Maybe I'll sell it :p
Why not sbr it and thread it for a suppressor?

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
fordemti

I sent a 45 USC barrel I purchased for the project to Tornado Technologies and had them cut it down and thread it for a Knight Armament's Mark 23 suppressor I already had. Can't say enough good things about the Tornado guys they provided great customer service. They even called me at home on a Sunday when they were getting ready to cut the barrel down to suggest that the length I had requested was a little too long. Too late to take a pic tonight but will do so tomorrow.

·
Registered
731 Posts
fordemti

I sent a 45 USC barrel I purchased for the project to Tornado Technologies and had them cut it down and thread it for a Knight Industries Mark 23 suppressor I already had. Can't say enough good things about the Tornado guys they provided great customer service. They even called me at home on a Sunday when they were getting ready to cut the barrel down to suggest that the length I had requested was a little too long. Too late to take a pic tonight but will do so tomorrow.
This is good to hear, thanks for sharing. I got an extra barrel from hkparts and once my form 1 comes back, this is exactly what I was going to do.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much are y'all paying for cutting and threading? I may just have to get an HDPS barrel and have this one cut and threaded.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! How much do they charge to install that I wonder? That'd be awesome although if its over $200 it really isn't worth it IMO. You could buy HDPS.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a cut and threaded barrel on my USC/UMP but I bought from a member here where it was done that way when he bought his gun used. I actually sold my USC barrel on gunbroker for $180 bucks. I had only put like 100 rounds down it. When I was first looking for a short threaded USC barrel in 16x1LH I had emailed Ed at HDPS. At the time a year ago he told me he doesn't really cut and thread barrels on demand as it's too much hassle and work to setup his machine for one barrel at a time. He said he already has threaded barrels cut and stocked but he said he wanted $400 for them which is too much.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Disregard. They don't do it. Only sell the flange. Who can do this kinda work?

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Wow! How much do they charge to install that I wonder? That'd be awesome although if its over $200 it really isn't worth it IMO. You could buy HDPS.
Fordemti:

There is one thing to keep in mind with UMP/flanged barrel - if you want to put a suppressor on it, you either have to thread the flange or buy a suppressor that only works with the flanged barrel and nothing else.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fordemti:

There is one thing to keep in mind with UMP/flanged barrel - if you want to put a suppressor on it, you either have to thread the flange or buy a suppressor that only works with the flanged barrel and nothing else.
Thanks Chuck but I'm not particularly interested in using a suppressor on this gun. Just doing the flanged barrel for looks.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
fordemti

I took some pics today of the cut down threaded USC barrel and the SOCOM Mark 23 suppressor that Knight Armament Corporation makes.

Here is a pic before I switched the barrels along with the Mark 23

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That looks pretty cool chuck. I like the way the socom suppressor looks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have my USC/UMP threaded so I can use my Tirant 45 on it and my USP Tactical as well. Since AAC makes the fixed barrel spacer for just this reason I figured why the hell not? I know I've seen somewhere where someone had the flanged barrel but the end of it was also threaded. Not sure who did that for them though. I know Gemtech makes a UMP 45 suppressor that's specifically for the flanged barrel. However I think I've read there have been some issues where it didn't fit snug and was loose sometimes, unless Gemtech has fixed that issue. I read the flanged barrel has to be made to the exact specs and any bit that's off will throw the whole suppressor fit off.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts