HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of purchasing a USP 9mm full size, but can't decide on the one to get. Any advice would be helpful. I have the compact but would like a full size. Tactical or regular that is the question. :38:

·
Registered
854 Posts
new? used? Local? Price a factor? do you own a suppressor?

kind if an open-ended inquiry...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
If you have an interest in getting a can, then the Tac model is what I would do. However, if the can is of no interest, the regular version. The triggers would be the same, as the Tac 9mm does not come with the match trigger or overtravel stop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Regardless if you want a can right now i would still go with the usp9sd as it has the adjustable sights and the threaded barrel so if you did decide to get a can at some later date then the option is available to you. I love my usp9sd, i think im probably gonna put the match trigger on it in the near future.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Don't really have an interest on the can right now. Guess I'll stick with the regular version. That was pretty simple, huh. Thanks for the input. Just never have bought a used gun, always new. Not that there would be anything wrong with it, buying used, just never have. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Regardless if you want a can right now i would still go with the usp9sd as it has the adjustable sights and the threaded barrel so if you did decide to get a can at some later date then the option is available to you. I love my usp9sd, i think im probably gonna put the match trigger on it in the near future.
Now you've got me rethinking this.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Don't waste money on extras if you're not going to use them. I bought a USP Compact Tactical not too long ago with the express interest of shooting it suppressed. I've already gotten the ball rolling on setting up an NFA trust. If you have no desire to spend the extra money on the $200 tax stamp, the waiting time for the ATF to process the paperwork and the cost of a good suppressor ($600+ easy), just buy the regular version without regret.

Adjustable sights are overrated, too, by the way. How many of you bother to ever readjust the sights for whatever reason once you have them zeroed-in?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Make sure you check out the P30 before you buy. I get that a lot of people love the USP, but to me it doesn't make sense to buy a USP today in 2012 when the P30 and P2000 series are available.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts