HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking far a nice clone to have SBRed. The dealer that I was talking to of course was full of suggestions and anything he didn't have was junk. Go figure. However, since I have no experience with this type of stuff I thought I would turn to my friends here.

I am wanting something in 9mm preferably and would rather not have to shoot 1,000 rounds of +p+ out of it to break it in. (something else my dealer said about alot of clones on the market) Who do you think is good, who do you think is bad, who do I avoid like the plague? What is your experience?

·
Registered
209 Posts
He is wanting to make a Short Barrel Rifle (SBR) from a HK94 clone.

I would suggest getting one of the clones with the 3-lug barrel and fake suppressor. I have an early SW5FS (manuf. 2000). I have had some issues with it but it has been in the closet since around 2001 when I had my first child. On child number 2 now but have decided to get back into the HK thing and I too am looking to SBR mine. I just need to come up with the extra $200 so I can send in my Form 1. Replacing the extractor spring help with FTE problems. I haven't shot it forever so I really don't know how well it performs now.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I am looking far a nice clone to have SBRed. The dealer that I was talking to of course was full of suggestions and anything he didn't have was junk. Go figure. However, since I have no experience with this type of stuff I thought I would turn to my friends here.

I am wanting something in 9mm preferably and would rather not have to shoot 1,000 rounds of +p+ out of it to break it in. (something else my dealer said about alot of clones on the market) Who do you think is good, who do you think is bad, who do I avoid like the plague? What is your experience?
The Coharie line is about the best bang for your buck right now. One will run you about $1,100 from the factory or about $1,200 on gunbroker.

He is wanting to make a Short Barrel Rifle (SBR) from a HK94 clone.

I would suggest getting one of the clones with the 3-lug barrel and fake suppressor. I have an early SW5FS (manuf. 2000). I have had some issues with it but it has been in the closet since around 2001 when I had my first child. On child number 2 now but have decided to get back into the HK thing and I too am looking to SBR mine. I just need to come up with the extra $200 so I can send in my Form 1. Replacing the extractor spring help with FTE problems. I haven't shot it forever so I really don't know how well it performs now.

Good Luck!
You probably need to change out the hammer spring with a 9mm version. Check here for identification and changing instructions:
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65232

1 - 7 of 7 Posts