HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there
I‘m new here and I‘m not sire if my question is correctly located here. If it is not, I apologise.

I‘m currently in the process of buying an MP5SD. The price seems almost too good to be true.
As it is an old police gun and it is actually stamped HK MP5 SD, I guess that it is a genuine HK. The suppressor should be too.
The seller thinks that it might has been refinished or is only slightly used.

What are things to look for to tell whether the gun is in good condition or not?

I‘m new to MP5s in general, so I need your help.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

I apologize if my English is not good.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,927 Posts
Bet the suppressor might might be full of carbon and or welded on to the barrel from neglect of cleaning. Make sure it will come off then check out the inside and check the barrel ports that is where I would start. There are some old threads on here depicting neglect of cleaning. I think Ghilliebear had one thread showing neglect.........

·
Registered
34,510 Posts
Welcome to the site--- if it is an LE weapon (i.e., "factory" v. conversion), then it is probably a pre-86 Dealer Sample or a post-86--- unless you are properly licensed or otherwise qualified (e.g., LE or MIL), then you will not be able to have it transferred to you!!! :wink:
Additional information (e.g., serial number, date code, etc.) and pics would help. :biggrin:

Addendum: your English is fine--- I presume that you are in another country that allows MG's. :71:

Tony

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
@caf82313 Thanks, Inwill check that out. @AGG
Yep, sorry I‘m not from the US. Machineguns can still be registered and or imported, whatever one wants.
Stupid me forgot to mention. Sorry
Right now, I don‘t have any pictures. But the ones I saw just showed the stamping and the whole weapon.
Looked fine, some scratches but not beaten at all.

·
Registered
34,510 Posts
@JBG--- no problem--- presuming a "factory" MP5SD with HK suppressor, it will be difficult to examine the suppressor internals--- be careful of a "shot-out" suppressor!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@AGG
You mean one filled up with carbon?

Replacing the suppressor isn‘t big of a deal. We have HK and B&t MP5SD suppressors readily available here.

·
Registered
34,510 Posts
@AGG
You mean one filled up with carbon?

Replacing the suppressor isn‘t big of a deal. We have HK and B&t MP5SD suppressors readily available here.
Yes--- are "factory" HK suppressors available, or are you limited to B&T??? :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@AGG
Currently, factory HK suppressors are available.

Genuine russian Tula Suppressors too;)
@Bestiller
I belive for Pistols and rifles, yes. The MP5 SD is still made by HK. But not sure about that.

·
Registered
974 Posts
JBG,

Is a suppressor considered a firearm accessory/part like a flashlight or muzzle break? or do you need a special document to be able to buy it and or own it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Are there othere things I should look for? The rollers? The finish? anything?
The dealer said, it might be refinished or barely used. How can i tell?
What are typical wear points?

Is there a way I can tell whether the gun and suppressor is gebuine HK?

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
To the OP, do a search here (near the top-right corner) for a few common things: how to check bolt gap, roller dimples in the receiver, mp5sd suppressor markings, genuine mp5sd receiver markings. That should be a great start.

@Superstar
Suppressors, machine guns, lasers, etc. are „forbidden items“. You need a special permit to acquire such things.
oooh, "forbidden" sounds so exciting! We should change the US term for nfa items from transferable to forbidden, might get more people in the nfa game.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@surely_you_jest
I checked one out. Seemed almost brand new. Suppressor had some fouling in it. I guess the gun has a round count of 200-300. But I passed. It was twice as expensive as a normal MP5 (of course genuine MG) cost and about six band new Glocks...

I think you guys are fine. We for example aren't allowed to shoot the machine guns we legally possess...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts