HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me begin by stating until the VP9 I wasn't an HK fan per se. Now I love my VP9 and it does house duty. My dilemma is what to pair up with it for my carry gun. I am retired and in and out of the house most days for short trips. Shopping, gym, coffee, doctors, etc. so I prefer something relatively light that can be carried IWB easily. I also prefer a common manual of arms; trigger system, mag release, caliber, etc.

Given that background I welcome suggestions on carry guns that may pair well with the VP9. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
P7M8 orP30sk can't go wrong with any

·
Registered
232 Posts
Until the VP9SK comes out (if it ever does), a P30SK LEM will be the closest thing to the VP9 in a carry size. Although hammer fired, LEM will keep each trigger pull consistent, the grip texture and feel is very similar to the VP9, and the mag release is near identical. Slide release, though different in shape, is ambidextrous just like the VP9. VP9 magazines will fit in the P30SK.

If you're looking for a single stack, a Walther PPS Classic (some call it the M1), is about as close you can get. Similar paddle magazine release, striker fired, but in single stack form.

All of the above are available in 9mm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My favorite carry gun isn't an HK. it's the Walther P99c. 10+1 of 9mm with a 15rd backup mag and grip adaptor. Unique and excellent DA/SA striker fired design with decocker and super short reset. It has an extended paddle mag release like the HK, just longer. 100% reliable, accurate, and very, very sexy. World class ergonomics and extremely light weight. If I was to choose an HK it would be either the P2000 or USPc. For you since you have a VP9 the P30sk might make more sense since the mags would be compatible.

·
Registered
446 Posts
LI also prefer a common manual of arms; trigger system, mag release, caliber, etc.
This seems like the key.

Either wait for the (allegedly) imminent release of the VP9SK, or stick with a striker-fired compact from one of the competitors -- the Walther with the same Euro-type mag release lever appears to be the closest match to the VP9.

Personally, I'd wait for the compact version of the VP9. I'll be surprised if it's not announced at Shot Show in January.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Like Darkstar, one of my favorite carry guns is the Walther P99 compact. I agree with everything he said about it. Mine has Trijicon HD night sights and it is wonderfully accurate.

That said, when (hopefully not If) a smaller version of the VP9 comes out I will have it immediately to pair with my VP9. Love that gun.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately I am not a Lem trigger fan. So a striker fired subcompact from HK would be nice.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
P30SK would be my first choice, second choice USP Compact 9mm

·
Registered
33 Posts
A subcompact vp9, that's what we're all waiting for. For now I carry a M&P 9 compact. Check it out, I'm sure you'll like the feel. Nice striker fire trigger.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
First choice P30SK V1 LEM

Honorable mention (for a little larger gun) P2000 LEM
I'm carrying this one today loaded with Nuclear Underwood 357 Sig Ammo.:cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I chose the P30SK and really like it. It's very soft shooting and very comfortable. The LEM trigger is great. I feel like the consistent trigger pull will work for someone who likes a striker gun.

I also really enjoy my VP9.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
P30SK LEM if you are looking for a double stack subcompact. But if you want the ultimate comfort of a slim single stack poly 9MM pistol take a look at the Walher PPS original model though they are pretty hard to find these days. I own both the P30SK and PPS.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
If I were to carry a compact it would be a HK45c with 8+1 rounds of 45. But if your looking to stay compact 9 the P30sk or P2000sk would be my choice. I don't carry a compact so I would get another VP9.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts