HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so now that the coharie board ist kaput!, Anybody heard any news on the upgrade billet bolts TB was foaming about that were supposed to be available weeks ago to trade in those crap MIM boltheads for?? I have been waitng to trade in the one I have that has never been used. Took it it out and replaced it with an RCM the first day I got my CA89. Right out of the box.
Any input?? Paging Dave Getz.........

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
denny,
I am still waiting....I am hoping any time soon. As soon as I get mine in hand, I'll let you know.
Dj

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ok, so now that the coharie board ist kaput!, Anybody heard any news on the upgrade billet bolts TB was foaming about that were supposed to be available weeks ago to trade in those crap MIM boltheads for?? I have been waitng to trade in the one I have that has never been used. Took it it out and replaced it with an RCM the first day I got my CA89. Right out of the box.
Any input?? Paging Dave Getz.........
You were reading my mind.
I am also waiting as I would like to trade in my ca94 bolt as it has been nothing but trouble.
I finally purchased an RCM complete bolt head, wow what a difference, The only reason I may trade in old ca bolt for the upgrade would be to have a back up.

By the way, what happened to TB board/forum?

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Guys,
remember you can always turn those BH's in for an exchange in the mean time. Use the life time warranty.
Dan, did the rcm bolt head increase the bolt gap?
Dj

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys,
remember you can always turn those BH's in for an exchange in the mean time.
Dj
Mine is brand new and never been used. I just want to exchange it for the billet type. As it is now it is a last ditch back up. I would sell it but I don't think I would have any takers. I would take another RCM BH if he would exchange it for that. LOL.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Guys,
remember you can always turn those BH's in for an exchange in the mean time. Use the life time warranty.
Dj
Dave, I'm also sitting on two of the early BH's that won't run reliably. If I were to use the lifetime warranty, would I have to send the entire guns in for the work, or do you think I could just send in the bolt heads? I've done other things to them, like replacing the pastic cocking tube and such...would I have to undue that work?

·
Registered
111 Posts
The bolt gap needed tweeked with the ca bolt. I had help from CZ75, we put new rollers in the ca bolt and that seemed to help.
We eneded up with a gap of .20. When I installed the RCM the bolt gap was the same .20.
It runs like a champ now.

Of interest -the RCM bolt is considerably heaver the the CA bolt. I could feel the diffference just holding them side by side.

Guys,
Dj

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm assuming you guys got on TB's list for the upgrades, right? If not then get added!
How do you know? I emailed him as instructed twice and received no reply. The first time, the same day he advertised the upgrade. There was a note when he did this on his website that " You will not be contacted until these are ready". So what does that mean, vaporware?? I am guessing I am on that list? Who knows.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Same here, emailed for the cocking tube upgrade as well as bolt head swap... Nothing back...

So no word on my the boards dropped offline?

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Denny,
I thought your BH was broke or damaged. That is why I suggested the warranty. If the BH was broke or damaged I would think they would replace it with out sending in the entire weapon. But, I can't speak for them, you would have to get that answer from them. And Spitfyr, I would recommend replacing any none OE parts before you would return it for warranty. That would be the same for any manufacture, whether it would be ruger, winchester, remington etc. etc. As far as I know, the new bolt heads are not ready yet. That is probably why no one has received a response yet. Dan, the reason why I asked about the RCM BH is I did alittle swapping around last week. It seemed like my CA bolt head & German Bolt head would give me the same bolt gap (with in .01). And everything I put the RCM BH in would increase my BG by around .08 I just swapped Bolt heads and nothing else in about 8 differnt hosts. With same results in everyone.
Dj

·
Registered
10,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
How do you know? I emailed him as instructed twice and received no reply. The first time, the same day he advertised the upgrade. There was a note when he did this on his website that " You will not be contacted until these are ready". So what does that mean, vaporware?? I am guessing I am on that list? Who knows.
I happened to contact TB about purchasing one of his finished receivers & I asked if he received my email & if I made the list. He confirmed it via email.

·
Banned
599 Posts
I believed they were in the process of moving they are still selling out of spec and leftover crum that takes some tweaking on gunbroker but thats his niece doing that suposably. I would not hold my breath and expect less then zero from them ..Its a good thing his buletinboard is down causse its just a big ball of negativity and it tells alot about the person in question. Good thing is he does read this board so if he deems it worthy, and he not already has started cussing at you who knows he might respond to your mail..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts