HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to what got y'all into the HK addiction. I've had the privilage of shooting a few clones, particularly the PTR91, a real G36C and a few USP' all of which were a blast, particularly the G36 which really gave me the bug.

So what was your first entry into the world of H&K, what was your first handgun or rifle that bore the H&K logo? If you had to recommend something to a newbie looking to break into the H&K world what would you recommend and why?

Looking forward to joining the communit once I get my hands on a good rifle or pistol.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
HK P2000 in .357 was my 1st. My wallet has been leaking green ever since. I think a USP .45 or HK45 series is the best for a newby.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
HK45. My bank account hates me.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
USP .40.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I'm curious as to what got y'all into the HK addiction.
USP back in the 1990's. Found a PTR a few years later, and its been steadily down hill since then.

If you had to recommend something to a newbie looking to break into the H&K world what would you recommend and why?
Don't do it.

Its expensive, Glock/AR guys just don't understand, people will curse you and your fluted brass flinger at the range.

·
Super Moderator
4,386 Posts
Mine was a beautiful P7M8 that I traded for at a gun show back in in 1995. It went crazy from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
USC 45 I just bought it monday and I am already buying UMP conversion parts and getting my SBR paperwork filled out. This new addiction is going to cause me to be working ALOT of overtime at work I think.

·
Registered
951 Posts
P7M13 back in 2001. I had read an article by Massad Ayoob a few months earlier in which he extolled the virtues and safety of the P7 series for self (and home) defense, and then I stumbled into one of my LGSs and found what would be the first of many HKs to follow.

·
Registered
539 Posts
My first hk was my 1981 HK91 that I bought in 2002 when I was 18 and then I got my first pistol when I was 21 it was a USP compact stainless 9mm that now I wish I still had I will find another one in due time

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Mine was a beautiful P7M8 that I traded for at a gun show back in in 1995. It went crazy from there.
Same here, P7M8 brand spanking new. Still have it today with a few others.:wink:

·
Registered
518 Posts
P30 for me. At first it was a v3 then after adding a lem 45c the p30 was traded for a v2 p30. Now there is a stainless full size 45 and 9 combat comp added to the growing list. Wish I had deeper pockets!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts