HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My USC is scheduled to go out this week for the UMP conversion and I am already thinking of another clone/conversion. I want another UMP conversion, but this time will either be a .40 or 9mm conversion. And I have been eyeing the DP54/MP5 clone as well.

To those that have both, what do you think would be a better choice, a DP54 from Chopstix or another UMP conversion in 9mm?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have an UMP clone in .45 with a 9mm kit from Michael's Machines. Converting my .45 ump to 9mm takes less than 5 minutes. I'd get a Dakota D54P (which I also have and love)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If you don't have an MP5 clone, get one.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I would go with the Dakota too and then just get the parts you need to convert the USC/UMP to either 9mm or .40, whichever you like more.
I'm probably going to just leave my USC/UMP as a .40 and not bother switching it unless I'm out of .40 ammo, which will probably never happen!

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, gents! It looks like the DP54 9mm are out of stock at HKParts. I communicated with Joe a few days ago about a potential build and was told that he only had a few remaining before he switched to a .40 run. I guess I waited too long and now the window is closed.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Well either that or you could grab a .40 from Joe! I would love one but with the UMP/USC in .40 already being worked on I think I'll at least wait till I finish that one first.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Lohe. I am curious as to why you picked .40 and not 9mm. Was it because of the mags?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Thanks Lohe. I am curious as to why you picked .40 and not 9mm. Was it because of the mags?
You're welcome :)
My carry piece is a .40 USPc so it seemed logical. Plus I got a good deal on a .40 kit and I couldn't even find a 9mm kit let alone
a good price on one! Plus, yes, the magazines were impossible to find even then (a year and a half ago when I got the .40 kit).
Neither of the conversion kits were even talked about then, so I had no idea that they were coming out. If I had I still would have
gone with .40 though!
If I had known that Joe was going to start making .40s I would have probably just had him build me one instead of doing the UMP/USC thing,
it's really going to end up costing about the same.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I just seen this thread. You guys really do love me!!! Awe shucks :)

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Any plans for a run of D54SD's any time Joe?
I have 5 of those Knights SD silencers inbound so I was planning on a 5-gun run to stick those on but I'm inclined to do a run of guns w/o silencers too. I've got about 28 more D54P's 9mm that need to be built, then the run of 20 D54P/40's, 10 D33K's, 10 D53P's, 10 D51P's, 5 D51K's, 5 D53K's... oh heck, man I got build orders for the next 3 years in queue.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Sharp little D54P you got there ;)
What make of handguard is that? Looks like it's setup for side rails too.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Old B&T handguard =)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Sharp little D54P you got there ;)
What make of handguard is that? Looks like it's setup for side rails too.
Thanks Joe,
Its a B&T from DSA, like FireGS said. The short vertical grip is a B&T also...I really love it!

The D54 (with all RCM) has run like a Swiss watch from day one!!

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
It gives a really unique look and kinda matches the Osprey. I've got my eye on a couple AAC, Silencerco and SWR models myself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts