HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a P7 NDS last week, it's a B grade and the finish is fair, some mild scratches but not the beauty this pistol could be. Would you get it chromed or something else, or leave it alone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I would leave it alone. If you want a new finish, go for it. You have an awesome pistol, make it yours. If that's what you want.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I would see how it looks with some Nills grips first, then make the decision.

·
Priest of the P7
5,325 Posts
Ford's all day. Either hard chrome or their Master or Deluxe blue, or a combo of both. Check out this thread for ideas and lots of drool worthy pics. If you want a cheaper and almost as durable option, Birdsong black T is very utilitarian. But if you have some coin and are going to carry it, why not? As has been mentioned, these will rust if you're not careful esp if it's humid and you're sweating on it.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/119317-end-all-all-p7-finishes-thread.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So to get it hard chromed, do I need to disassemble the whole pistol and have each part chromed, and is that something I could do or send it out to a gunsmith to take apart and put back together? Sorry for the questions just wanting to get information about the process?

·
Premium Member
3,297 Posts
So to get it hard chromed, do I need to disassemble the whole pistol and have each part chromed, and is that something I could do or send it out to a gunsmith to take apart and put back together? Sorry for the questions just wanting to get information about the process?

They do it all.

·
Priest of the P7
5,325 Posts
They do it all.
This is correct; however, I would suggest that you send the pistol to James at Teufelshund Tactical, a certified HK armorer who does outstanding work with these old pistols (Marine0303 on this forum). He'll completely disassemble and clean every tiny part, make sure no parts require replacement and everything is in spec, and then send it to Ford's. Then, after they're done, they send it back to him and he'll ensure they reassembled the pistol correctly and didn't break anything. Occasionally, the armorers at refinishing shops aren't 100% on the P7 series pistols.

You'll receive back a beautiful work of art that you can trust with your life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts