HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what year or date code they started shipping USP and USPc's with the updated the firing pin after all the breakages.

·
Registered
802 Posts
After 2000 was when they did a design change. As for new ones that don't break, you'll need to keep waiting as there are still some breakages that pop up once in a while. It's not like a 1911 firing pin where there are no major corners, hence you never hear of them breaking.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After 2000 was when they did a design change. As for new ones that don't break, you'll need to keep waiting as there are still some breakages that pop up once in a while. It's not like a 1911 firing pin where there are no major corners, hence you never hear of them breaking.
I thought it was something like after 2000 they redesigned the firing pin, but then in like 2005 they redesigned it again and also the firing pin block? I know it was something like 2004 or 2005 they did that second redesign where they started using the same parts as the P2000 series.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1 Posts
After 2000 was when they did a design change.
I guess 2005/6 is after 2000. The new, that is completely redesigned, firing pin comes from the P2000. It looks nothing like the old firing pins with the two 90 degree square cuts (with or with rounded corners). The new design requires the new firing pin block/spring design whereas the previous incremental changes (rounded corners or not) retained the old style firing pin block.

The first documented instance of the completely new firing pin design in a USP was in compacts late in 2005; shortly after they started appearing in full size USPs in parallel with the new design hammer/catch part. The manual was also changed renumbering the parts and sorta depicting what the new parts look like.

Phred

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive got a USP .45 from 1998, so can it be swapped out to this post-2000 higher quality firing pin?
I believe it can be swapped out to the old style reworked firing pin, but it cant be changed to the p2000 type pin unless the firing pin block is replaced as well, or something along those lines, I am trying to remember what I read, if you do a search I think you can find the official answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts