HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant get anyone of these hk"pros" to provide any info on a hk32 build, so i figure someone on the newbie board would puff their chest up at this question and give a soapbox lesson? maybe i havent posted for years like the others but i need valid info on building a hk32, 7.62x39. anything involving the bolt and carrier , magwell size and overall receiver lengths? help will be greatly appreciated, and there will be plenty of parts for others to get as well once i start chopping! thanks, mickey

·
Registered
378 Posts
a bullet is that little bit that comes out of the barrel of the gun and kills people.
Now now, you described a bullet as something that kills people... Do you work for the Brady Campaign? A bullet my friend is simply a ballistic object, designed for many purposes.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Sorry I cannot help the OP but I must comment on the one post. Don't blame him too much for the statement, he is after all from San Francisco.
And, I have probably put a half million rounds down range over the last 40 years and not a single one of them has hurt anyone. So that kind of ruins his definition of what a bullet is.

Sorry for the hi-jack but I am sure one of the rifle builders will come along. If not, contact Jason at IGF or one of the other custom builders we all know and love.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have probably put a half million rounds down range over the last 40 years and not a single one of them has hurt anyone.
Really? Mine too...H'mmm must have been malfunctions.

·
Registered
98 Posts
A bullet is actually harmless

A bullet is actually harmless by itself
Made of many materials like wood, plastic and many metals.
It must be made into a round - cartridge
Then place into a weapon
Then fired

AND THERE ARE MANY USES

NOT JUST ONE

·
Registered
325 Posts
o_O Wow, I thought that it would we be taken with just a bit more humor than that. I mean, come on! "What's a bullet" as the title of a thread in a forum like this has got to be asking some sort of humorous response right? And I certainly didn't expect that listing that I live in the general vicinity of San Francisco would illicit a response like that. If you think about it a bit, if I were being serious about that, why am I making that statement on a gun forum, and why do I even own firearms in the first place?

And for some reason, just saying "It's the bit that comes out of the barrel" didn't seem quite as funny... *sigh* oh well.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
i cant get anyone of these hk"pros" to provide any info on a hk32 build, so i figure someone on the newbie board would puff their chest up at this question and give a soapbox lesson? maybe i havent posted for years like the others but i need valid info on building a hk32, 7.62x39. anything involving the bolt and carrier , magwell size and overall receiver lengths? help will be greatly appreciated, and there will be plenty of parts for others to get as well once i start chopping! thanks, mickey
Well, making your post title related to your question will probably get you a better response. Did you read this... http://www.hkpro.com/hk32.htm

Someone on here will probably have the info you need but I would suggest posting a new thread with a related title and be patient. Also, keep bumping the thread every few days to keep it visible.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
o_O Wow, I thought that it would we be taken with just a bit more humor than that. I mean, come on! "What's a bullet" as the title of a thread in a forum like this has got to be asking some sort of humorous response right? And I certainly didn't expect that listing that I live in the general vicinity of San Francisco would illicit a response like that. If you think about it a bit, if I were being serious about that, why am I making that statement on a gun forum, and why do I even own firearms in the first place?

And for some reason, just saying "It's the bit that comes out of the barrel" didn't seem quite as funny... *sigh* oh well.
Hey, we were MOSTLY kidding too. The thing is, California is not exactly known for being a gun friendly state and if there is one bad thing about the internet, well, I'm sure there is more than one BAD thing, it is that humor does not always come across. And also, being the year that it is with all that is at risk with the upcoming elections people tend to get a little paranoid; I know I do. And...these are open forums and antis visit them as well as pro-gunners, so can you imagine someone doing a cut and paste of your comment onto a anti-gun boars with the additional phrase of "see, even the gun people admit that guns are only for killing people."
These days one has to be ever mindful of what they type and how it can be taken out of context. Not that the antis would EVER do anything like that.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Bullet
noun
1. a small metal projectile, part of a cartridge, for firing from small arms.
2. a cartridge.
3. a small ball.
4. Printing. a heavy dot for marking paragraphs or otherwise calling attention to or itemizing particular sections of text, esp. in display advertising.
5. Cards. an ace.
–verb (used without object)
6. to move swiftly.
—Idiom
7. bite the bullet, to force oneself to perform a painful, difficult task or to endure an unpleasant situation: We'll just have to bite the bullet and pay higher taxes.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Hey, we were MOSTLY kidding too. The thing is, California is not exactly known for being a gun friendly state and if there is one bad thing about the internet, well, I'm sure there is more than one BAD thing, it is that humor does not always come across. And also, being the year that it is with all that is at risk with the upcoming elections people tend to get a little paranoid; I know I do. And...these are open forums and antis visit them as well as pro-gunners, so can you imagine someone doing a cut and paste of your comment onto a anti-gun boars with the additional phrase of "see, even the gun people admit that guns are only for killing people."
These days one has to be ever mindful of what they type and how it can be taken out of context. Not that the antis would EVER do anything like that.
:rolleyes:

Ain't it the truth. Some of them are so desperate for their "cause" they will say or do anything.

·
Registered
562 Posts
+1 with Big Bore, That is so truthful and real. We live in a day of age where we pick and choose from peoples statement utilize anything for litigation's

·
Registered
378 Posts
I encourage everyone to visit the Brady Campaign website. (I just finished "biting the bullet" by visiting it, hahaha, thats why I mentioned it.) They flat out lie (my opinion only; yay for slander laws) and make wild assumptions,(also my opinion) it's not even a difference of interpretation, a lot of their info is flat out wrong and the statistics they use don't account for other contributing factors,(those two are factual; as far as my opinion is concerned, haha you thought you had me) some quite influential at that. But seriously, I even wrote them a letter with some concerns about some of their info, no response in over a month.

Heres the letter if anyone is interested. Theres a lot more in question, these were just easy and all I felt like typing for something that would be scoffed at and deleted.

"While browsing your website I found some information that concerns me. I will quote the portion of the website and then list my concerns.

"A pistol grip on a rifle or shotgun, which facilitates firing from the hip, allowing the shooter to spray-fire the weapon. A pistol grip also helps the shooter stabilize the firearm during rapid fire and makes it easier to shoot assault rifles one-handed."

My Concern:

It is more difficult to hold a "pistol grip" at hip level than a traditional stock because one must have their arm down and wrist turned forward. Nor does it make a weapon any more controllable during fire. The purpose of a pistol grip is to enhance accuracy by providing a more ergonomic firing position of the hand when firing from shoulder level. A spray is also very inaccurate and ineffective at achieving hits on a target of any kind. Virtually no assault rifle can be fired one-handed, mostly due to weight, but also because of recoil.

"A barrel shroud, which is designed to cool the barrel so the firearm can shoot many rounds in rapid succession without overheating. It also allows the shooter to grasp the barrel area to stabilize the weapon, without incurring serious burns, during rapid fire."

My Concern:

A barrel shroud does not enhance cooling of a barrel, fluting does. All barrel shrouds are designed to allow the operator to hold the or touch along the length of the shroud when the barrel becomes hot, or carry the weapon using the shroud, not stabilize the weapon; they actually impede cooling because they restrict airflow around the barrel. This is consistent with all barrel shrouds; except one, and only one exception. The .303 caliber Lewis Gun of WWI

"A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, which serves no useful sporting purpose. The flash suppressor allows the shooter to remain concealed when shooting at night, an advantage in combat but unnecessary for hunting or sporting purposes. In addition, the flash suppressor is useful for providing stability during rapid fire, helping the shooter maintain control of the firearm"

My Concern:

Flash suppressors only suppress the muzzle flash of a weapon, they do not eliminate it. It is helpful in day light as well as low light situations to the shooter to prevent being blinded by their own muzzle flash; however muzzle flash is still clearly visible, especially at night. Also many "flash suppressors" are used as a muzzle break. A muzzle break is designed to redirect the gas escaping the barrel of a firearm in such a way as it reduces felt recoil to the shooter. Very useful for competition shooters in timed events as well as sportsmen who require a follow up shot to take game or fire a large caliber rifle with significant recoil.

"A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a silencer, which is useful to assassins but clearly has no purpose for sportsmen. Silencers are illegal so there is no legitimate purpose for making it possible to put a silencer on a weapon."

My Concern:

Silencers are not illegal, most states allow silencers although they must be registered. For sportsmen they serve several purposes. First to reduce muzzle flash and recoil. To reduce sound both in hunting and sporting situations, as not to alert game (as much) that a shot was fired and also as further hearing protection. Silencers are far from silent, they simply reduce the noise produced. That is why the correct terminology is "suppressor." Also many silencers do not require threads to attach to a barrel.

"A barrel mount designed to accommodate a bayonet, which obviously serves no sporting purpose."

My Concern:

I agree there is no sporting purpose for a bayonet lug, in the sense of competition or hunting. However one must consider collectors, the vast majority of antique military firearms have bayonet lugs, and so do the modern replicas. Bayonets also serve no purpose for the commission of a crime.

Thank you very much. I look forward to your response and possible resolution of these issues.

(my name)"

I think I was pretty accurate in my statements. Correct anything that is wrong so I may be enlightened please.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts