HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking at the blade tech (UCH) and it seems to be pretty much what I'm looking for. It would be for a P2000 and I would like to know if any of you currently use this system when carrying concealed? Any other recommendations would be appreciated. I have decided that a IWB would be the best for me. I tried a paddle holster (Black hawk serpa) and it bulges way too much. I like the retention system but I am "made" easily.... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Check out Comptac products. The MTAC and CTAC are both very popular. I have the MTAC for a G19 and it disappears under a T-shirt.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Comptac. The Milt Sparks will be at least a 6 month wait.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out Comptac products. The MTAC and CTAC are both very popular. I have the MTAC for a G19 and it disappears under a T-shirt.
You think a P2000 would disappear under a t-shirt? This is my main concern. Also what about with a shirt tucked in???

·
Registered
18 Posts
IWB

Sun_Tzu,
I, along with others, have recommended FIST holsters
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm
in the past. I have two in ultra-thin kydex w/belt clip instead of J-hook. I carry either my P2k or USPc in them at the appendix position comfortably all day, sitting, driving, or wandering. They hide under a t-shirt and I got the tuckable option and occasionally do tuck it in and blouse the shirt to make a little nicer ccw option.

At my hip or side, guns print. I use front carry and don't have a problem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sun_Tzu,
I, along with others, have recommended FIST holsters
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm
in the past. I have two in ultra-thin kydex w/belt clip instead of J-hook. I carry either my P2k or USPc in them at the appendix position comfortably all day, sitting, driving, or wandering. They hide under a t-shirt and I got the tuckable option and occasionally do tuck it in and blouse the shirt to make a little nicer ccw option.

At my hip or side, guns print. I use front carry and don't have a problem.
Which one(s) do you have?

·
Registered
43 Posts
there are some extremely nice reviews on the Milt Sparks VM II. Who sells them for the best price? Or has the least wait?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I like a combination of good and fast. Some makers take months-years. I tend to stick with www.tedblockerholsters.com because they make good stuff and ship in about a month.

·
Registered
381 Posts
there are some extremely nice reviews on the Milt Sparks VM II. Who sells them for the best price? Or has the least wait?
I would try Lightning arms. It will cost you $125 plus shipping but no wait if they have them in stock.

Your more likely going to have to order one and play the waiting game.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you do order Fist pm the person who recommended you as they will get a discount next time. It says so right on the site.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you all recommend kydex over leather, vice versa? What would be the advantages/disadvantages of each. What about a kydex/leather combo like that minotaur holster?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW I think maybe I am getting this wrong. IWB can be worn front or back right? Because I am seeing these example pics and all the models are wearing them on the front. I want to wear it on my back, you all know what I mean?

·
Registered
381 Posts
IWB is inside the waistband. It can be worn anywhere. I myself put the gun behind my left hip against my kidney. At about 7:45 or so. I am a lefty myself.

You dont want to wear it in the center of your back over your spine because if you fall or have an accident it increases your chances of serious injury.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got my Texas Heritage IWB from Tucker Gun Leather last week after a 6 month wait. Fit and finish is excellent! The one thing I think is worth mentioning about this IWB is that it has no reinforced shank for fast easy one hand holstering. For me this isn't an issue...others may find this to not be a feature. In combination with my p2ksk this is a very concealable and comfortable holster.

When I was shopping around for an iwb I also looked at Milt Sparks holsters and from all I have read on these and other forums you can't go wrong there either.

Byte

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got my Texas Heritage IWB from Tucker Gun Leather last week after a 6 month wait. Fit and finish is excellent! The one thing I think is worth mentioning about this IWB is that it has no reinforced shank for fast easy one hand holstering. For me this isn't an issue...others may find this to not be a feature. In combination with my p2ksk this is a very concealable and comfortable holster.

When I was shopping around for an iwb I also looked at Milt Sparks holsters and from all I have read on these and other forums you can't go wrong there either.

Byte
WOW thats a nice looking holster.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BTW how is retention for those kydex holsters, or leather holsters? It would appear that in the leather ones the gun would fit snug, but what if you had to grapple? The kydex seem to draw and re holster easier but it seems as if the gun would be loose???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tucker Gun Leather: model: The Answer.

I have one for my glock 26 and it is fantasitic. It blends the best parts of leather and kydex. I would not rec a 100% kydex for anything really even OWB I just don't think they offer that many advantages.

Milt Sparks versa max would be great as well.

I have an Andrews Leather shoulder holster and I would surely buy from them again.

YES, you can totally hide a P2000 under a t-shirt if it is IWB.

Lately I've been carrying my USPf45 OWB with a flat leather pancake holster and it hides just fine under a thin sweater or a longer tshirt. (note I have a swimmers build so my shirts hangs down from my shoulders and my waist is much smaller.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts