HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you all consider to be in a *COMPLETE* MP5 package. Parts, accessories, anything and everything. I'm curious. I've been searching for a list or something, but any ideas you all can throw my way would be great.

I'm thinking like a complete deployment package a la KAC's SR-25 Deployment package. Anything and everything one may want/need for their MP5.

FireGS

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or a better question would be - what would YOU have in YOUR MP5 package wishlist?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
- One MP5A2
- Extra A3 stock.
- Ten 30 round mags (Seven for Nato ammo and three for Subsonic ammo).
- Optional Dual Mag Clamp and extra 30 round mag
- Optional Two Beta Mags (increase ammo allotment for 500 rounds).
- One 15 round mag (for one's pocket)
- Suppressor
- One Aimpoint Micro and mount

- Sling
- Mag pouches for six mags plus three mags
- Suppressor pouch
- Discrete soft case to fit MP5 with side pocket.
- Hard case to fit soft case plus ammo.

- 500 rounds 9mm 124 grain NATO ammo
- 150 rounds 9mm 147 grain subsonic ammo

- Maintenance log book
- Manual
- MP5 cleaning kit with supplies
- Spare parts in cleaning kit - three extractor springs and one set stock pins at the minimum.
- Basic tools required for spare parts (punch for extractor spring etc.)

Thus assumes the bullet resistant vest etc. is personal equipment.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as "spare parts", besides three extractor springs, would an extra extractor be a good idea? What about an additional firing pin? Wouldn't have thought of Stock pins. Good idea. Dual mag clamp - factory HK Metal one? Or do the after market ones suffice? I remember having one that required it to be screwed together that I wasn't 100% happy with. If the Factory one allows you to take it off and put it on, it seems like a better idea..

Also, what about cleaning supplies?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Definitely extra extractor and push pins. It'd be a bitch I lose a pin in the middle of the woods or in a shtf situation.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea what size or model Pelican case I'd need to hold all of that stuff? I'm not up with Pelican.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Extra extractor, a set of rollers, a couple of roller retainer plates and three roller retainer pins are always a good idea. To which you would need the punch and a small hammer. At this point could consider a firing pin and firing pin spring, plus possible locking piece, recoil spring assembley, ejector, ejector spring and axial pin. Next step is a bolt group ... sky's the limit ;-).

What size Pelican cases depends in part on how much ammo you are including with the soft case and MP5, less it easier to carry but one hates to be at zero ;-). If it was me I would pack the ammo on stripper clips and include a couple loaders for the 36 round stripper clips.

The HK cleaning kit (looks like the M16 kit) is a good start, for supplies add some type of CLP (Break Free use to be specified as an alternate in the manual), along with a supply of patches. Could include an HK sight tool, however, in theory you already have the MP5 sighted in (I like the 5" hemostats as they are flat, fit in the tool kit and also work to pick/hold thinks like the roll pin for the roller retainer plate).

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Will see if can take a few photos of the range bag which has the following in a Discrete soft case (this is everything to go to the range not for any "issues" which would fall to the hand gun and semi rifle).
- One MP5A3
- Extra A2 stock (fits nicely with MP5A3)
- Blaylock Suppressor
- Five 30 round mags
- HK Cleaning kit
- Ammo is separate in 30 cal can on stripper clips with loader (i.e. possible issues with pre loaded mags, non pistols and travel by car in this state)

I sent my Sako TRG-42 out west with a close friend (he does my HK work for me) setup with the rifle in the soft case (one of the matt/case combos), the soft case in the large Pelican case also with the cleaning rod, pocket size rear sand back, manual, Tool pouch with cleaning kit, and a couple hundred rounds of ammo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts