HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never shot one. I keep reading about the attraction, so I'm wondering what it is. I have a 9mm Elite. It's a great range gun, very accurate, and fun to shoot. I own a couple of HK45s, and HK45c, P7m8s, and a few P30s., plus the fore mentioned Elite, but no Expert.

So, what's the attraction?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
If I had to guess, Its because its probably the best competition model pistol HK ever made. Plus it had the Funnel system(9&40) for hi cap mags and comes stock with an ambi control lever. Throw in a competition trigger and your all set. I don't personally own one yet. The HK shooting team currently uses the P30L now. But there are very recent vids on YOUTUBE of Jason Koon using a Expert 9mm again. Plus visually I think itis a lot more appealing to most folks than the USP Elite. But that's just my opinion, like I said I don't have one yet!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is better looking than the Elite. The Elite shoots great, but's it's one ugly duck.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
My Elite 9mm is more accurate then my Expert 9 that's for sure. I personally like the looks of the Elite. It's way different than your typical range pistol and it has a lighter trigger pull than the Expert. As for the Expert having an ambi safety like the Elite my Expert came with a single side safety which I actually perfer.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Elite is longer and (from what I've read) has a hand fitted barrel. This "should" be HK's most accurate weapon. The "ugly" look of it is from the tapering of the front end to reduce the overbalance of weight towards the muzzle. I wonder if even this isn't enough and the elite is still too front heavy?

Perhaps the Elite is better suited for PPC or bullseye matches, while the Expert is better suited to "combat" matches like IPSC/USPSA or Bianchi cup because of the weight distribution?

Of the three, I've only ever handled the Match. I haven't shot any of them, so I can't speak from any kind of real experience.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Some do, apparently I don't, since I own one. And to ask that question suggest you may have not seen products come and go over the years, based on appearance.

And by the way, do a search on "good-looking" HK treads. You might become enlightened.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Don't really buy for looks, but the Elites are fairly ugly. As far as the Expert. My .45 Expert is one of the most accurate guns I have ever owned, and I have a bunch of very high end .45's from guys like Larry Vickers, Chuck Rogers, and Steve Morrison. To get that level of performance from an out of the box pistol is impressive. I even took 2nd in an open class IPSC match I shot for giggles.....this was out of a working tactical holster and with a UTL mounted as the match took place during a department range day I was working. They just flat shoot. I consider the Expert to be one of the best HK's ever made, and I have owned a metric sh#tload of them. If I could ever get the Experts trigger in my HK45 series guns, I would be very happy. I also greatly prefer the melted sights of the Expert over the high mounted suppressor height sights on the Tactical.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To me, the beauty of the Elite is in tearing a ragged hole at 25 yards. She ain't much of a looker, but she can cook.

·
Registered
765 Posts
One other possibility: the box (IDPA sizing test) - I'm guessing that the Expert barely fits, but can guarantee that the Elite does not.

The Elite is listed at 8.8 inches, which is barely over the 8.75 for "the box". Is that published length with the hammer cocked, so that decocking would get under the 8.75? Would a bobbed hammer shorten it the .05" to get inside, or can the weapon be tilted enough to fit?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
This,

if the expert were a girl, it would be Angelina Jolie:)
What it mouth kissed its brother and slept w billy bob ewwwwww, at least the gun is cool!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Funny...I own all three and like them Match, Elite, and then Expert. Not that I dislike the Expert. I really like the way it shoots. The Match is just my all time favorite handgun. The weight on the front keeps the muzzle down and I find myself shooting really nice groups in rapid fire. The Expert definately looks better than the Elite. Although the Elite draws a crowd whenever it gets pulled out. It just stands out. All three are REALLY Accurate.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
The Expert is that woman in the corner of the dance hall leaning casually against the wall that few men notice until another askes her to dance. Then as she glides past the rest, they wonder when she showed up, how they missed her and with whom she'll be leaving. She is drenched in culture and moves with dignity and rhythm. While watching her she glances your way and gives you a subtle double take, spinning her partner so she can better see you without his noticing.......you are leaving with her.

hehe. Yeah I have an Expert in 45. I sleep with her sometimes.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The Expert is that woman in the corner of the dance hall leaning casually against the wall that few men notice until another askes her to dance. Then as she glides past the rest, they wonder when she showed up, how they missed her and with whom she'll be leaving. She is drenched in culture and moves with dignity and rhythm. While watching her she glances your way and gives you a subtle double take, spinning her partner so she can better see you without his noticing.......you are leaving with her.

hehe. Yeah I have an Expert in 45. I sleep with her sometimes.
The way you described the Expert, azimuth, I'm glad I bought one. :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
nyeti said:
Elites are fairly ugly. As far as the Expert. My .45 Expert is one of the most accurate guns I have ever owned. To get that level of performance from an out of the box pistol is impressive. They just flat shoot. I consider the Expert to be one of the best HK's ever made. I also greatly prefer the melted sights of the Expert over the high mounted suppressor height sights on the Tactical.
+1 | I share the same sentiments and ownership experience.

For me, it's either USP Compacts which I cannot own in AU or Experts. The other H&Ks just don't appeal to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts