HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres a question that has bother me

1. When did they start putting the internal lock on the USP ? I
2. How big a deal is it ? Any chance it can go all s&w and jam up ?
3. Spare key for it best places to get one

I am at some going to get another USP but wanted to know more on the lock before I dive back in ( got a cheep one a while back with lock ended up selling it )

Thanks

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
That's 3 questions :biggrin:

2000 (AA) is when they implemented the lock. You can buy one here, though I would recommend calling HK Cust Svc first and ask if them could send you one for free.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Or you can just buy the pre-2000 style lanyard insert and get rid of it.
Or just keep it unlocked and forget about it. I've never heard of one going into lock position.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hate to be 'that guy' on this topic, because I specifically will not purchase a S&W with a lock. That said, honestly I like having the lock on the USP. Especially in a case where little ones may be around, in a pinch, it could be a good way to keep the gun somewhat handy, while keeping it safe. The best way to keep it safe of course is away from unauthorized users, but I could think of a couple potential scenarios where it could be a useful feature.

-Freq

·
Registered
348 Posts
There's a reason you never hear about issues with the USP's internal lock. Because there are none. Keep it unlocked and forget it exists. If it seriously bothers you that much, you can remove it and replace it with an HK factory made lanyard loop that does not include a lock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts