HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading about them at one time, but have lost the concept somewhere inside my gray matter...

Which handguns are they designed to be used on?
What is the primary purpose?
Do they work with the new P30 design?
Who has used one, and how about a quick overview?

Thanks, gentlemen...

·
Registered
870 Posts
Thy work on the USPF line 9mm And 40S&W. they use the White mags to extend the the capacity to 18 rounds in the 9mm and 16 rounds in the 40 There have been custom jobs done for the 45, but it requiers alterations to the gun it self where is on the 9mm and 40 the funnel just bolts on to the fram quite easaly

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The Jet Funnel mag well is used to aid in quick mag changes and was originally made for the USP Expert. It makes it easier to get the mag into the gun because this upgrade creates a flared opening at the bottom of the grip. This makes the mag well entrance wider and in turn a much smaller chance of missing the mag. well during fast or stressful reloads.

The Jet Funnel is currently made for 9mm and .40 caliber USP fullsize pistols only, although some people have modified theres for use with USP compacts. Also, the addtion of the Jet Funnel requires the use of higher capacity magazines. Capacity on the 9mm goes from 15rnds. to 18rnds and the .40 goes from 13rnds. to 16rnds.. These are necessary because the mag. must be long enough to reach into the chamber, standard mags are not long enough to work with the JF.

My Combat Competition USP .40 has one and it comes standard on this pistol. I assume this would be very useful for tactical shooting courses, but when shooting at the range there really is no advantage simply because you are not in any hurry. I have never tried it, but I think there would be next to no chance of the JF fitting on the P30 due to the very different grip proportions in relation to the USPf.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Here is a pic borrowed from USPCopper. The Jet Funnel is a mag well extension that allows one to make use of higher capacity magazines. Jet funnel magazines are white translucent plastic with metal base plates. One can use these jet funnel mags without the jet funnel, the mags will just stick out. However, you won't be able to use standard mags with the jet funnel in place. Installation is about 10 to 30 seconds for the jet funnel, so a lot of users flip flop because of the ease of use.

·
Registered
851 Posts
It's all good H&K 4 Life :D It warms the cockles of my heart to see a lot of helpful people jump onboard to help a fellow HK'er out. :D

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Yes more pictures never hurt, and I guess theres something about a USP with a Jet Funnel and a red background. What a coincedence we chose the same color. Maybe it's those clear mags.? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts