HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been interested in the experts for quite a while, I've been listening and watching. One day i hear they are no longer imported, the next I hear they are no longer made. Then I hear they are re-releasing some models.

I've looked at some adds from MLSEC and they were saying,

"THIS IS IT!These are the LAST PRODUCTION UNITS WITH FACTORY NIGHT SITES HK has officially removed this firearm from all literature, website, and official inventory." (I do realize this was an old post Feb, 07)

If you go to the HK USA website, they still list the .40 and .45, if you go to the German website the 9, .40 and .45 are still listed as available.

Is this a sales tactic or are these handguns really being phased out?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Expert 9, 40 and 45 are available in limited quantites for the European market. Expert 40 and 45 are available in limited quantities for the USA. HK stopped importing the Expert 9 to the US a couple of years ago.

An outside distributor may possibly bring some Expert 9's into the US, but I don't think HK USA has any intentions to do so on their end.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the explanation.

Any idea as to why?

·
Registered
256 Posts
It might be that the Expert was originally designed as a match pistol and there is not a lot of room for it in the crowded US market. The pistol is expensive and there is less demand in matches for 9mm. Just a guess...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes sense, price probably has a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
They never sold well. There's also no demand for the gun in the competition world. For the same $1300 you would pay, you can order a custom handbuilt Springfield XD from their custom shop that has hand fitted slide and barrel done by the guy who builds Rob Leatham's guns. Or you can have one of the many Glock tuners build up a 34/35 that will shoot rings around the Expert for the same price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts