HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Going back a few years, we had a few CT get togethers. Havnt heard much now in probably 2-3 years.
Kinda tough to do anything in the winter. Would like a nice HK shoot in spring if we could get a half dozen people together.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going back a few years, we had a few CT get togethers. Havnt heard much now in probably 2-3 years.
Kinda tough to do anything in the winter. Would like a nice HK shoot in spring if we could get a half dozen people together.
eh, screw the cold! defy the odds. i was out at high rock for about 2.5 hours last saturday morning.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Never been there. ( Metacomet )

The Group shoots were at Wooster Mountain in Danbury. Ill dig around for the pics.
Have also had a smaller group at high rock, but tough to bring any large groups of people or firepower there.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
LOL more clubrsx people. :) Whats up bro? Glad to see ya here!

Does anyone know if I'm allowed to shoot in CT with a valid NY gun license (not-CCW, and I know they don't recip.). But in NJ I can shoot only if I go back and forth from my home to the range with no stops in between.

·
Registered
221 Posts
nope. state police told me i couldn't even bring my guns into the state without a valid non-resident license. you can get a non-resident permit pretty easily, prints, cash, forms,

·
Registered
172 Posts
LOL more clubrsx people. :)
Does anyone know if I'm allowed to shoot in CT with a valid NY gun license (not-CCW, and I know they don't recip.).
nope. state police told me i couldn't even bring my guns into the state without a valid non-resident license. you can get a non-resident permit pretty easily, prints, cash, forms,
Strange. When we did the last get togethers, A forum member who is a State Atourney, checked and said they could be brough in as long as its a Organized event. We has several NY members, Fredom Fighter and Joe in NY come to mind, bring in their colections, among others. This was to Wooster Mountain in Danbury.

·
Registered
221 Posts
yep i remember that, freedom fighter and i talked, i almost came to that shoot in wooster. my buddy has a house in new milford. i don't know what to say. i think if it's an organized thing that was the loophole in ct law, but if it's just bring your guns up to go shooting you must have a non-resident license.

i hear one thing here (hkpro) and at a range another thing from the folks with the badges and cuffs. i just don't want anyone arrested, especially poor muevelo in nyc, that would really mess him up.

i do recall having a conversation with the CT state police licensing division where they told me explicitly. i could not bring my guns into CT to go shooting at a range unless i had a permit. I never brought up the organized shoot thing though...
another call should be in order...but with my luck i'd still get arrested by a police officer who wasn't aware of that exception.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I took a Class up in New Hampshire in November. The Academy only needed a copy of my out of state CCL. But in the meantime, I applied for a non resident permit, and had it in like 7 days flat. So I was able to carrry without fear.

Have to dig around and find the law that talks about bringing firearms in for competition purposes.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
ok sweet. I'll get on my Florida non-resident CCW asap and get the ball rolling for CT. Hell if I can't get a CCW in NYC, I'll get one in all the surrounding states instead. LOL

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ohh awesome! This is going to be fun!

I am from Stamford, and I would love to hang out with HK pro members, and please those members that out of state don't be lazy and get the permit!

The more the better!

·
Registered
49 Posts
would you guys let me play with your toys too?
My babies? may be...

The problem is that my G36 is registered to the US Military/ SOCOM since I'm one of the few American soldiers that has a G36...I despise the M16...
When I went to the sandbox, that was the first gun I brought.
My PSG1 was sold
The AUG is still around, I might bring it
The others kinda stay on the wall lol

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I don't have much to offer in return other than buy a case of brew and offer ammo money. Maybe fix your computer too if it needs fixing *shrug*

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hahah funny...I'm a computer tech too lol

But if we do go to an indoor range...like the one in Norwalk, then we should be just worrying about ammo money...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts