HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing a lot of these conversions being sold just a couple of weeks after completion and almost $1K below what they've paid for. I'm just wondering what's up...buyer's remorse? I'm beginning to question if it's really worth it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Tinkerers, maybe? I know a guy who does that with 1911's. After he's got one tweaked just how he wants it, he sells it off to start building another one.

I'm sure there are almost as many reasons, as there sales themselves. Each one sells for his/her own reasons.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I'd think in this economic time that people spend a lot to build these but afterwards realize they really need the money.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd think in this economic time that people spend a lot to build these but afterwards realize they really need the money.

I don't think so...those who bought into the hype are just realizing that they overpaid (~$5K) for a 5.56 clone and dumping their build/s for the unneutered MR556 and MR762.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I don't think so...those who bought into the hype are just realizing that they overpaid (~$5K) for a 5.56 clone and dumping their build/s for the unneutered MR556 and MR762.
My Chopstix G36k is without a doubt one of my favorite 5.56's :62:, and I'm betting others with the receiver graft conversions feel the same way! So I don't think it's buyer's remorse or dissatisfaction with the finished product. I agree with fordemti on this one... still plenty of people struggling through tough financial times.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yeah, only ONLY ONLY reason I sold mine was because I needed the money. Nothing more. I would gladly pay $4K+ for another G36.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Yeah. Being broke and needing money has a way of making people do what they have to do. I don't think any of us non dealer types on here buys this stuff just to sell it. Life has a way of forcing your hand sometimes.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yup. In June it will be 2 years that I have been waiting on my G36 conversion from CK. of I wasnt already paid up I would jump on billisics for sale in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I spent years tricking out an m4 type, rail optics, light etc but as soon as i finished its like "ok now what..." then I stripped it back down and went KISS, and am now re upgrading it again...its a sickness. I want to get a USC and just make it take UMP mags, the rest maybe later but thats a must to me, I hate neutered rifles/mags

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I hear you on the sickness. I started with a Mark 23, got the can for it. Now want a USC conversion so I can use the same can on that gun. Between the cost of the gear and wait for the stamps, we've spent A LOT of time and money... I can't even imagine the total if we added up everyones 3+ month waits (usually more these days) and the cost of the guns and accessories. WOW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts