HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a KF dated USP9. On the reciever it is marked with the HK logo and USP in smaller letters next to it. I see most of them just have USP on them. Also I have 3 magazines for it. One of them is marked HK USP on the floor plate, while the others are only marked HK.

Just a couple things that keep me up at night!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
By receiver I am guessing u mean frame. All the older USP like yours will have both USP and HK on the grip. I think they went to just USP around 2004. Yours is dated.from 1995. As for the mag plates, they come and go are interchangeable. But your gun probably began with 2 mags that had HK USP on them.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
HK changes the markings without any real rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes you will see "HK" in that location on the frame, other times it's "USP" and sometimes it says "pat. pend" on one of the sides.

Same story with the magazines. Some baseplates are marked, and others are not.

·
Banned
18,617 Posts
I believe the "HK USP" logo on the left side of the grip and the "Pat. Pending" logo on the right side went away starting with the 2005 (AF) model. AE date coded USPs still have HK USP and Pat Pending.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I believe the "HK USP" logo on the left side of the grip and the "Pat. Pending" logo on the right side went away starting with the 2005 (AF) model. AE date coded USPs still have HK USP and Pat Pending.
Some do some don't. My 2 AE 45's are USP/pat pending. My AE 40 is Hk usp/ pat pending. AF 9mm is USP/USP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts