HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All, Just another short story testament to one of my favorites....the end all, be all, MP5.

I'm in the home office early this morning {i.e., 4:00 AM- 7:00 AM}, finishing up this week's paperwork. Just before the sun begins to light the sky, I go downstairs to obtain the daily dose of caffeine. As I walk by the window, I see the silhouette of a rather large coyote, trotting literally within 15-25 yards of our front door!!!! So...grab the MP5, raise the window of the office, make a couple of chirping sounds, he pauses the trotting, turns around, looks at me, I line up the sights
....."click, click....POW" and he gets dropped like a bad prom queen.

And who says you can't hunt with assault weapons? Enjoy the pics!!! :biggrin:

Right after the shot
0226170702b_resized.jpg

After removing the body, the German Boys were on it, and not happy about the intruder!!!!!
0226170711_resized.jpg
Relocated away from the house
0226171411_resized.jpg
0226171410_resized.jpg

Not sure why the pics are turned sideways??? Not the best picture quality...sorry.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice shot Brad!
@bystok Thank you!! Trying to polish up on my quick shots. Got this one this past summer, but he was just over 200 yards, and the 9mm just would reach out and touch someone at that length. So....we just upped the HK game and used the .308 :wink: Coyote.jpg

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FMJ? Hollowpoint?
FMJ....Winchester White box. The only downside is {suppressed} it gets really dirty, really quick. But hey....that's why they created bourbon. Nice drink after dinner, WD40 and wallah !!!! Clean again.

·
Registered
768 Posts
FMJ....Winchester White box. The only downside is {suppressed} it gets really dirty, really quick. But hey....that's why they created bourbon. Nice drink after dinner, WD40 and wallah !!!! Clean again.
Yep. I've had really good experiences with WWB in my MP5 clones and HK pistols. It's cleaner and more accurate than Federal Champion from Wally World.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep. I've had really good experiences with WWB in my MP5 clones and HK pistols. It's cleaner and more accurate than Federal Champion from Wally World.
I also like Piney Mountain 115gr FMJ {Tracer} rounds. Go to UNAMMO....they shoot a lot cleaner, and as long as you're not in a real drought, it's nice to see where your rounds go. {i.e., ricochet}

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And... where do you live such that you can shoot coyotes out of an open window in your house. I've had a bobcat sitting on my back porch before, but I had to shoo it, not shoot it.
Hey Dave;

In short....I'm currently {for lack of a better term} in the armpit of America.....Kentucky. So, my closest neighbor is probably about 2 square miles away from our location, and the only lighting at night and/or early morning, is via the stars, or flash from the muzzle :wink:

And yes.....I've had to dispatch a few bobcats as well. CAVEAT......they're really fast for about 300 yds, and "dispatch" legally means, as stated above, "shoo it" away. Read into as you may, because KY is considered to be the "Wildcats"....especially with regard to B-ball. KY...is definitely the sh$t.....when it comes to the round ball game. Ok...ADD is kicking in.....danger...danger Will Robinson.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Nice. I was in a neighborhood where there were people with goats in their front yard of their 3 acre lot, another with a 30 acre lot with horses and a stable, but a super target across the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Priest of the P7
5,031 Posts
In short....I'm currently {for lack of a better term} in the armpit of America.....Kentucky. So, my closest neighbor is probably about 2 square miles away from our location, and the only lighting at night and/or early morning, is via the stars, or flash from the muzzle
That doesn't sound like an armpit to me. That sounds pretty F'n nice.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts