HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My factory mags in my USP 40c hand the extended base and I swapped in the flat plates but they are thicker and dont fit flush like these.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes If I use the 9mm floor plates there is a gap between the grip and mag. The .40 floor plates they sell are thicker and feel the gap the the mag is longer than the one pictured.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Am I the only one that's confused?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See how this mags isn't flush on the bottom like in the top pic.

I want mags that fit like the top picture.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
If you have a USPc .40, why are you using the flat floor plates for 9mm? You know they are different, right?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I know they are different. But if you look at the floor plate in the top pic its thicker than the bottom pick. And the mag is flushing with the bottom of the grip. Both are usp compact 40s so the mags must be different.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Yes I know they are different. But if you look at the floor plate in the top pic its thicker than the bottom pick. And the mag is flushing with the bottom of the grip. Both are usp compact 40s so the mags must be different.
That's not my question. My question is why do you use the 9mm floor plates for your .40?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't. But if you notice the floor plate in the top pick it's the same thickness as as the the 9mm. In the bottom pick it's thicker and the mag sticks out more.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
The difference is the magazines. The 10 round is flush and the 12 round is not; I guess with two less rounds, they can make the mag shorter. I’ve included some pictures below. Sorry for the pic quality, but I just shot these and I was in a hurry.

USPc 40 with 12 round mag

USPc 40 with 10 round mag

12 round mag on the left and 10 round on the right

·
Registered
571 Posts
^Is the lip extension that the plates slide over longer on the 12 round mag than it is on the 10 round version? I don't know if the 10 round version even has the body lip for the plate, considering it locks in with the tabs

The mag bodies appear to be the exact same in that photo.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the photos. So what limits the 10 round mog to 10. COuld I get a couple 10 round mags and swap spring or no?

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Thanks for the photos. So what limits the 10 round mog to 10. COuld I get a couple 10 round mags and swap spring or no?
No ... a 10 rounder can not be converted to a 12 rounder

1 - 18 of 18 Posts