HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
That G3 is made in Iran. The Lion symbol indicates that it was made while the Shah was in power i.e 1979 or earlier. Probably spoils from the Iran-Iraq war.
PM sent

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
That my friend is from your Persian buddies to the East! It's an Iranian G-3 seen a few of em. I didn't see the detail, but the lion is usually holding a scimitar!!

Regards,

R.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
We actually found a few of those in Afghanistan as well, Khandahar province.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Let me guess... you found that in Baghdad or just south of there?
I think we found two marked. Most were unmarked.

·
Registered
31 Posts
most of the G-3's you'll find over there are throwbacks from the iran-iraq war. my old Bn. kept an iranian marked one as a trophy while we were in easter baghdad in 06.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
most of the G-3's you'll find over there are throwbacks from the iran-iraq war. my old Bn. kept an iranian marked one as a trophy while we were in easter baghdad in 06.
Kinda like that AK-47 that many Vietnam Vets brought home.

Any value in those Iranian-made G3's?

·
Registered
178 Posts
The first time I got home from Iraq (2003-2004) when you could still bring home wpns parts, someone had built a G3 from Persian parts. If I remember correct it was posted on HK91.com or some other board.

To answer your question I think it would be a matter of taste = worth. It would still be built on a JDL receiver and would think the "worth" part would be the Arabic numbers on the rear sight and lower. Finding a complete vet bring back in my mind would be near impossible not to mention three letters:
ATF.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont remember being able to bring home any weapon parts. In fact they made us toss out all the knives we collected. Of course Marines are anal about that stuff. It would have been nice to bring home something.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I dont remember being able to bring home any weapon parts. In fact they made us toss out all the knives we collected. Of course Marines are anal about that stuff. It would have been nice to bring home something.
+1 on that... Yeah they went through everything. I was starting to feel like a criminal, it got to the point I thought we were going to be stripped searched... no suvoneirs, okay we got it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts