HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
879 Posts
Yea, about that.

There's a thread on M4C about it(several actually). I made the comment that they could just get the real ones from HK and bypass the middleman. I don't think anybody replied to it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yeah, but you can bet the BCM version will be the S**t over on the BRF. It will be lapped up like dog food.

·
Banned
879 Posts
It's really kinda funny when ya think about it. The magpul dynasty was built on magazine pull tabs and.....and....and....Smokin' the reefer.....er, I mean copying HK grips for the AR15 platform.

Sorry, just re-watched 'Super Troopers' again the other day. ;-)

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's really kinda funny when ya think about it. The magpul dynasty was built on magazine pull tabs and.....and....and....Smokin' the reefer.....er, I mean copying HK grips for the AR15 platform.

Sorry, just re-watched 'Super Troopers' again the other day. ;-)
More accurately, the "Magpul dynasty" was built on the clever mixing of cheap crap with affordable/simple accessories and flashy gimmicks with all the right marketing.

I also checked out one of the threads you describe on M4C: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=89509
I couldn't help but notice Montrala mention 4 or 5 times the similarity to the HK grip only to be completely ignored.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I couldn't help but notice Montrala mention 4 or 5 times the similarity to the HK grip only to be completely ignored.
Funniest thing is not about it look like carbon copy, but "HK grips have weird, uncomfortable angle" while "BCM and MOE K grips have great and comfortable angle". There is also Stark Grip that uses same grip angle as HK and also was dismissed because of strange angle. I know Stark Grip looks ugly as hell, but I like it. Anyway, looks like it would be considered without shadow of doubt as great grip with Magpul or BCM badge on it.

Stark on my MR223:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Funniest thing is not about it look like carbon copy, but "HK grips have weird, uncomfortable angle" while "BCM and MOE K grips have great and comfortable angle".
My point exactly. Because it has the BCM name it will be the greatest thing since sliced bread and all of the "operators" will stand in line for them.:300000000:

I don't post very much on M4, but lended my support on that thread. I read over there mainly for the entertainment value of all the "operators". Some of them appear to have infiltrated over here over the years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts