HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for a M-3 Grease Gun Conversion & a company called Top Notch has a web site that advertises them but they don't return e-mails & no phone number. Anyone know a company that sells the conversion? Or where I can get one? Thanks, Bill
;)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Their newest persona is "black market parts". Not sure if it is listed on their site though. They may still have one or two lying around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you S5TIIOWNER, In fact, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! Awhile back I saw the Grease Gun Kits & Mag's for sale. I told myself, "I'll get it later". Then just recently I bought 10 Mag's but couldn't find the kits! I'll call them tomorrow, even if they don't have them I would imagine they can steer me in the right direction. Your a life saver!.... ;) Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you VERY much Ybnqskp! I'm waiting on a call back from Black Market & if that doesn't pan out I'll check GunBroker. Never bought anything on there before, think I'll go check it out now! Thanks again, Bill

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
32, I might b able o help you out. Shoot me a pm

·
Registered
78 Posts
Let us know what you find out 32 because I am looking for one of these as well. Thanks!

·
Vendor
727 Posts
I have another long awaited batch that is due to arrive Monday. I will be contacting those on the "notify me" list and taking orders Monday as soon as they are landed and inventoried. A super long wait but it sounds like we are almost there. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
"Notify Me" has been entered. Gotta love HKparts!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought mine about two weeks ago from HKParts. Got the email saying they had 91 or so kits in stock ready to go, placed the order from my phone on my drive from Florida back here to NY.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Interesting... I am just wondering about the batch that Adam thought might be in last Monday. Money burning a hole in my pocket!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just got my kit installed and ready to go, and all I can say is I'm happy it was only $235.. Not pleased at all with quality, but also can't complain too much considering it's the only way I can use mags >10rds here, the mags are cheap (compared to UMP), and a UMP conversion is more than 5x the cost of the GG conversion, though you will quickly realize why. I had one of my buddies take all dimensions of every bit and piece in the kit, and what the dimensions were afterwards once he had to do some milling on the lower receiver and stock block and there are definitely some big differences. He also is considering getting into manufacturing gun parts because of how effed my kit was, and the quality he could offer similar options in.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What exactly did you have to do to it? Everything I've read up to this point has said that they work great.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I just got my kit installed and ready to go, and all I can say is I'm happy it was only $235.. Not pleased at all with quality, but also can't complain too much considering it's the only way I can use mags >10rds here, the mags are cheap (compared to UMP), and a UMP conversion is more than 5x the cost of the GG conversion, though you will quickly realize why. I had one of my buddies take all dimensions of every bit and piece in the kit, and what the dimensions were afterwards once he had to do some milling on the lower receiver and stock block and there are definitely some big differences. He also is considering getting into manufacturing gun parts because of how effed my kit was, and the quality he could offer similar options in.
Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. I was waffling about whether to spend the extra for the Hera Arms stock and using ProMags to stay compliant and now I'm convinced that that is the right choice. Less expensive the M3 conversion may be, but I am not going to put inferior parts on my USC.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have one of the older conversions -- it is just the lower, made of aluminum and uses the standard USC stock. I really like the way it works, and I prefer the fact that I can drop the mag with my index finger while I am reaching for my spare mag to reload. I think this is much faster than the standard USC mag catch. On the other hand, you do loose the AR-style bolt stop with the grease gun conversion.

Mine has never hiccuped and it shoots like a dream.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
GrandmasterB, what's the name of the handgrip you have on your bottom rail? I'm trying to avoid using a vertical forward grip in my USC as I find that awkward and that looks like the perfect solution.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.