HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any links out there, I need something for my 93.
Also, any alternate sources ? I can build a handle ??

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
I bought two sets from the brasscatcher site. The whole shebang/591 kit. Money well-spent. The breechfaces on my roller-locked weapons have never been so clean--except when they were new . . .

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Ya'll

Are the interior dimensions of a 91 and 93 receiver the same ? ie is the bolt the same width, are the dimples the same size ? I going to fab up a bore guide.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Using that tapered brush with 12 ga patches gets the area inside the trunnion very very clean. Same for the square brush, wrapped with a 12 ga patch makes short work of the receiver and the magazine well.

The part that seems to take the longest is the 223 boltface and the slot where the ejector lever rides. The ejector too is usually pretty cruddified, but the bolt face and the slot are always difficult.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered the whole brush kit from "brasscatchers", and it's the best money I've spent on cleaning gear for a long time, plus their service was second to none.

Their breech face brush is superb, have never had such a clean G3.

Thanks Brasscatchers

·
Registered
13 Posts
http://www.brasscatchers.com/store/brushes.html

Spring for the #591 kit for $30. You won't be disappointed!
Forgive the newbie questions but with #591 why would one want the HK 9mm Combination Brush for a HK 93? I have a 91 clone and am looking at one of these packages from BrassCatchers but don't understand the reason for #591. Other than the Chamber Face Cleaning Brush and the Receiver Cleaning Brush I also don't see the need for the others (and I already have a cleaning rod...).

Please clue me in. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts