HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering adding a red dot optic to my p30. But I would like to have one stock slide and one slide to be milled for a trijicon rmr. Any suggestions besides calling hk USA and asking?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Nope, and I would doubt they would sell you an extra slide. The only slides I have ever seen from Hk is after a warranty issue where a slide was defective.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You cannot buy a slide or complete frame from HK. Barrels can be purchased but they are registered with their own serial #. Frames and slides are part of the original serial# firearms.

As Apollo said. The only way to get one would be if HK deemed the slide defective and sent a new one per warranty.

-DBLAction454

·
Registered
368 Posts
I disagree. When I had my HK45 sent off for Heinie sights the package was lost/stolen on the way back to me. I contacted HK and informed them of my situation and asked if it was possible to order/buy a complete slide(firing pin, FPBS, etc) from HK instead of getting a whole new HK45 as replacement and was given a quote of about $450(yes its not cheap). Eventually Heinie footed the bill for the new slide after UPS reimbursed for the cost of the package, ordered slide from HK and sent me my replacement. If you check HKParts you will see that slide/slide complete is listed for sale, its just out of stock for now. An extra frame however would not as frames are considered firearms and will require you buying a new P30.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Breaking it would be a warranty issue. They would not replace it if you abused it purposely.

-DBLAction454
I'm not so sure I agree with this. What are you basing this statement on? I'd be willing to bet that if someone was willing to pay the price (I'd expect it to be high) that a new slide could be purchased from HK directly. I'd also throw some side cash at the fact that it probably wouldn't have a serial number. It might depend on who you talk to in CS but get the right guy and you're golden.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You can buy slides.

I think that HKParts.net has had P30 slides in stock before, though not currently. They have P2000sk, HK45c and HK45 slides in stock. So there's proof that you can buy slides, it's just a matter of finding the one you need in stock.

They're expensive though. You're looking at close to $400 just for an incomplete slide. Then you have to buy sights and the internal components......you might as well just buy a separate gun considering you'll be over $500 for a functioning slide.

It is not a legal issue concerning the serial number, it's a parts supply issue. It doesn't matter if the new slide doesn't have a serial number......the serial number on the frame is the only one that matters for the law.

·
Registered
818 Posts
You can buy an extra slide at any gunshow. It WILL have a complete gun attached to it. Take what parts you need from the spare gun!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
HEY! Call HK and find out. Whats the worst they say NO? Your never going to know unless you take the first step. Go for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts