HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing alot of searching and I havent had too much luck on finding a semi receiver for an HK91 build (the PTR-91). I had no luck finding the V-93 receiver either. I am looking to do both builds.
Vector arm does not list the receiver on their site, only the complete rifles.
Todd at ORF is out of the PTR's and may not reorder them. He said they are in the process of doing a run of their own semi receiver.
This is typical of my timing when I usually decide to start a new project.....go figure!

Any other known vendors???

Frank

·
Registered
217 Posts
Todd at ORF has been talking about his own HK jig and receivers for two years. I'm not holding my breath. Can't you order from JLD directly? They used to offer "B" series receivers for sale.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Although Vector may not be listing them on the website, I've heard of them selling bare receivers. You might want to give them a call.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Todd at ORF has been talking about his own HK jig and receivers for two years. I'm not holding my breath. Can't you order from JLD directly? They used to offer "B" series receivers for sale.
Actually, Todd at ORF has started shipping them. They're on his website as flats for $69. They're not legally receivers, as they're not folded up yet. But anyone that has the skills to build a kit into a finished rifle already has the skills to finish the flat.

There's another thread here about them.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I just bought a JLD receiver and a V93 from Vector a couple of weeks ago for a couple of hundred bucks for the JLD and about $400 for the V93 receiver. They do not advertise but you can get them from Vector.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yeah, Todd has shipped, but he promised fully completed receiver, not just flats. It's a lot harder to form the receiver.
I think if you get a steel rod (i even saw pictures of someone using a drill bit) you can use that as a template for the bend.... Its by no means easy, and a full reciever would be much easier to work with, but i guess beggers cant be choosers :p

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
I just bought a JLD receiver and a V93 from Vector a couple of weeks ago for a couple of hundred bucks for the JLD and about $400 for the V93 receiver. They do not advertise but you can get them from Vector.

+1 on that, Vector does have PTR 91 recievers in stock.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Yeah, Todd has shipped, but he promised fully completed receiver, not just flats. It's a lot harder to form the receiver.
Some enjoy the challenge. It's not hard, you just have to know how to do it. It does take some tig skills, but you don't have to bother with buying it through an FFL as you do with a finished receiver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts