HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking around a bit and the only ones I have found are HKParts and a sold one on ar15.com. Are there any other sources for these?

·
Premium Member
400 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
@Aemun I have one I might be willing to part with....PM me your contact info and we can discuss.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I bought my 53 kit from RTGparts a couple years ago. Seems like he's been sold out for a while now though.

·
Registered
488 Posts
This is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. Were any semiauto 53's ever imported?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
This is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. Were any semiauto 53's ever imported?
Sort of. They were called HK93s. The only sheet metal roller guns made for us import were the 91, 93, 94, and sp89. And the SR9Ts right when the 1994 AWB went into effect.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Sort of. They were called HK93s. The only sheet metal roller guns made for us import were the 91, 93, 94, and sp89. And the SR9Ts right when the 1994 AWB went into effect.
Are you saying an HK-93? Or an HK-93s? S being part of the model number for short, simlialr the the L in pistols for "long".

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
He meant "s" as in plural. Meaning that here in the US civilian HK53s (plural) are build / derived from HK93s (plural) - after the HK93 receiver has been properly SBRd.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
^What he said. I have two - one I built several years ago, one is ready to be welded if I can just find the time. Keep searching, you'll find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yeah I've got two HK93's. I was wondering if an actual Semiauto 53 was imported, I've never seen or heard of one (I've seen plenty of restamped 93's) so I just thought I'd ask.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts