HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had no issues in locating suppressors for ARs or .45s in general, but I've yet to see any class 3 dealer advertising KAC cans in stock. I want a KAC can for my Mark 23 but have no idea where to get it. To those of you who own KAC cans, did you order it straight from them and just have them ship it to a local FFL/SOT? Or are there dealers out there that stock them?

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Knight is currently doing a production run of the MK23 suppressor. They are apparently 30 to 60 days from finishing them. After they are done, there's probably a bit more time to process the transfer paperwork.

Mike at TSC Machine has just become a Knight's dealer. Feel free to give him a call at 804-994-9999 (he's not big on email). Obviously, since they are in production and he just became a Knight's dealer, he does not have them in stock. I just ordered one of the MK23s myself from Mike.

I believe Mike will primarily carry the MP5 series suppressor, but he can order anything. If you want one, I'd suggest you not miss this production run, may be more than a year before they would be available again (that's my guess).

http://tacticalsupplycenter.com/

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Knight is currently doing a production run of the MK23 suppressor. They are apparently 30 to 60 days from finishing them. After they are done, there's probably a bit more time to process the transfer paperwork.

Mike at TSC Machine has just become a Knight's dealer. Feel free to give him a call at 804-994-9999 (he's not big on email). Obviously, since they are in production and he just became a Knight's dealer, he does not have them in stock. I just ordered one of the MK23s myself from Mike.

I believe Mike will primarily carry the MP5 series suppressor, but he can order anything. If you want one, I'd suggest you not miss this production run, may be more than a year before they would be available again (that's my guess).

http://tacticalsupplycenter.com/
Thanks for the heads up. I just picked up an AR10 and now I'm wishing I still had that money in my hand to purchase the KAC can in advance. :( What state is Mike @ TSC Machine in? I just bought a Surefire can for my M4 clone and had to buy out of state, it sucks having to wait on the Form 3 AND the Form 4. I guess I have a month or so to get my cash together again...........

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
What state is Mike @ TSC Machine in?
Mike is in Virginia, north of Richmond. Might be able to do a direct ship transfer from Knight's to your dealer, don't know. However, a transfer from dealer to dealer, I think only takes a week or so.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike is in Virginia, north of Richmond. Might be able to do a direct ship transfer from Knight's to your dealer, don't know. However, a transfer from dealer to dealer, I think only takes a week or so.
When I bought my Surefire can from ADCO in Ohio, the Form 3 took exactly one month to be approved. So figure one month plus shipping time for a dealer to dealer transfer. I'll order from out of state if I have to since I have a kick ass FFL/SOT right here in Houston that handles tons of transfers. The only downside is the additional wait.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I'm surprised it took a month, unless some of that time was ADCO's processing time. That's what I'm waiting on right now with Knight, a different suppressor is ready to ship and I'm waiting for them to get the paperwork out to ATF. Mike has told me in the past his dealer to dealer transfers are taking about a week, but it may depend on who the examiner is that's assigned to a specific dealer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd go with another manufacturer, after KAC's cold shoulder to civy sales and high pricing, there's plenty of quality products to fit your needs
...just my 02 cents

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've never purchased anything from Impact Guns, but they offer the KAC can for the Mark23 for $1299.00 OTB is offering it for $1595.00.

I am planning on buying a can in the next month or so, I will be looking for the best deal I can find.

Can anybody comment on what a good price to pay for KAC can?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've never purchased anything from Impact Guns, but they offer the KAC can for the Mark23 for $1299.00 OTB is offering it for $1595.00.

I am planning on buying a can in the next month or so, I will be looking for the best deal I can find.

You should get ahold of Polite Society, I have purchased from them on multiple occasions and have always been impressed. I don't think they have pricing listed on their site for the KAC stuff but give them a call or send an email and Mark or Alan will take care of you. Here is a link to their site:

http://www.politesocietyinc.com/

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got my Knight can for my Mark 23 from a local dealer here in Nebraska. Exeter Arms. He has over 100 various silencers in stock. He is the one who turned me on to this sight. He ordered in the Knight can. He did stock them. He got me one with the same serial number as my gun. I don't know his board name but you might check with him. I am waiting on my paperwork to get back. I just bought a butt load of guns from him waiting on that damn paperwork. MP5, MP5K PDW, Mini UZI.

·
Registered
390 Posts

OTB Firearms prices are usually very high compared to most dealers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts