HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Been awhile since I've posted. I'm in the process of setting up my USP 9 SD with fixed sights (can't have a can in CA anyway, and the threaded barrel sits elsewhere), and naturally will be going the night sights route as well.

What's the best place to send (hopefully) just the slide in for a quick and easy night sights operation that can fit without any machining etc. on a USP 9 SD?

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's really not a challenging job. I've had Trijicon's installed on several pistols including two HK's by a local guy who runs a little gun shop & smithy in his basement. I did it myself on a Beretta with a Kaiser Uni-200L sight pusher, but when I tried it on an HK it didn't work because the angle on the side of the slide is too great.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
the tall sights can not be changed out using a usp sight pusher. i need different sights for my usp9sd as well, I HATE THE TALL SUPPRESSOR SIGHTS.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
I dont trust these local hacks, so I sent my USP Tactical .45 slide & sights, to my custom pistol smith Steve Morrison at MARS Armament, he charges $35(3 day turn around), I know its dont right with NO damage to sights/slides. I also referred him to do front serrations/new sights on a USP for an HKPro member, they were outstanding! Contact Steve for shipping info/address for your slide. Mars Armament, Inc. - Contact Our Custom 1911 Pistol & AR-15 Rifle Shop

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dont trust these local hacks, so I sent my USP Tactical .45 slide & sights, to my custom pistol smith Steve Morrison at MARS Armament, he charges $35(3 day turn around), I know its dont right with NO damage to sights/slides. I also referred him to do front serrations/new sights on a USP for an HKPro member, they were outstanding! Contact Steve for shipping info/address for your slide. Mars Armament, Inc. - Contact Our Custom 1911 Pistol & AR-15 Rifle Shop
I've had good luck with my local guy on the sorts of small jobs that seem just beyond what I'd tackle myself. Wouldn't use him for fancy custom work, but swapping sights in a dovetail doesn't require John Moses Browning.

However, MARS has some nice-looking custom pistols on their web site and I've though before about letting them do their thing with my Highpower. What have you had done done besides sights?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts