HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been looking for the info about where you are welding the case deflector on a MP5 build I riveted it in place already on the flat but I am concerned long term about it coming loose and wanted to tack it in place before rolling the flat, that being said I didn't want to weld in a location that would interfere with bold movement. I was considering filling the rivet holes with a weld and figured with the outside riveted and the inside welded it would hold up long term, or the back of the deflector to the receiver? I cant find pictures of anybody having welded one in. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
902 Posts
Roll before any welding. If the holes for the deflector are off and the carrier is rubbing or striking the deflector you will be muttering terrible things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s already riveted in not that that can’t be adjusted my question was more where to place the welds.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
rivet it harder

if your dead set on welding it you can do it on the back side of the case deflector where it enters the ejection port like this one is

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s pretty tight I just feared it loosening up after a while if it’s a non issue I will leave it with rivets only.
Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
if you get a good swedge on the rivet you shouldent have any issues with it coming loose, i can see where your concern with it is though it seems like it would be something that would. i guess it can happen, hk sells the rivets and case deflector as a service part. i have never had one that was installed correctly ever come loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts