HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on acquiring a can for my CA94P (I'll be SBRing it as well) and I need to know what is considered the best (price be damned), the worst (or the one I should stay away from) and the best bang for your buck as far as suppressors go.

It's a 3 lug, but I'm considering getting the barrel threaded like a MP5N by M60Joe (he said he'll do it as long as I allow him to take some of the 3 lug material to build a shoulder for the can to butt up against).

Ideally, a can that I can also use on a pistol would be optimal.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I bought an Gemtech MK9K suppressor last year for my AR15 SBR. It is a big fat can and does a great job of suppressing. A buddie of mine did a beta mag dump with his MP5 after a subgun match last summer and it wasn't worse for wear. Gemtech onlydoes one run a year of these but LMO Llc should still have a three lug MK9K in stock. YMMV,Ronnie.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I bought a used Gemtech Raptor in 40 cal. Still waiting on the stamp. My plan is to use it on both the 9mm & 10mm MP5 clones. I'm not a big fan of cans on pistols, other than 22's, so it was not a factor in my decision.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Went with a Blaylock suppressor for the MP5A3, as wanted one that can be taken apart by the end user and was built heavier (possible stronger ;-). For a thread on multiple use can I would also look at Tom Bower's product line due to the long term support (disclaimer I have known Tom for for years so I am biased ;-).

Some of the lighter units work well and are prefect if you need it for your day job (i.e. military or police) and the product is in effect disposable after reasonable usage. For "home" use have seen various failure modes connected to the light weight outer tubes failing at or near the interface to the mounting, granted in once case was a little extreme (ran a sub gun full auto course with the suppressor on ;-). However, even limited to more minor issues not connected with the outer tube, after several years and the first model change, friends and I have had issues with several of the name brand suppressors companies not wishing to be "troubled" working on suppressors, they would prefer you to just purchase another newer model instead of them even looking at the unit.

My 3 cents worth with inflation. Which reminds me that I have to either order more 147 gr round noise Federal or order a few thousand bullets to load this winter, not having a SD.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am in the SBR process myself, stamp should be here the first of March (5 month wait).

I purchased a SWR Trident last year to use on my USP SD 9 then plan to remove the fake can on my CA94FS. If the stars and moon align I hope all i need is the three lug mount from SWR Trident and the my Trident can float between my USP SD 9 and my SBR'd CA94.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I bought The SWR Trident 9 and have been well pleased. I use on my MP5, MP5k, MAX-11, 9mm AR, Glock 17, & USP9SD.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Another satisfied Trident user here. Full auto on a MP5, M16/9, M16 in 300 fireball and some semi on a Glock 19. 3 lug on the long guns and a LCD for my pistols and it works great.

·
Registered
788 Posts
SWR Trident works for me. I got mine in 2008 so there are probably newer versions and other suppressors which may outperform it. Silencertests.com may help...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I really like the Silencerco Osprey. With the addition of different pistons and a fixed barrel adapter, I use mine on several 9mm SMG's and pistols. I have done range comparisons with many top suppressors and it is one of the best. In the end... Osprey, Multimount, Ti-Rant, Trident... all good options but some have more flexibility than others. Choose wisely grasshopper.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a YHM Cobra M2 .45, because it would fit everything from my .45 USC/UMP, CA94 9mm, and my 10mm glock. It's not the queiest can out there, but it would fit them all. I've since have pending a SWR Octane 9. Hopefully i'll have it in my hands in the next month.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Mk9K all the way!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I went with the SWR Octane HD. With all the different answers you've received, you'll still have no idea where to start! :wink:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts