HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing with the grip panels on my new P30. Trying to see if there is a combo that will make it feel even better in my hand.

The large backstrap is just too big for my hand to be comfortable. My hands are medium sized but I like the all small and all medium panels. Right now I'm trying different combos and have small back, medium right and small left. It feels pretty good. (I'm right-handed)

What combo works best for you... Or do you use the matching set?

·
Registered
135 Posts
For grips, there are two issues at work, looks, and function. Yes it has to fit your hand well, that's most important. But..... grips also reaaaaaly affect how a pistol looks. For me, a beautiful pistol has two colors, but not three. Black and gray looks great, but add wood grips and, nope, not good. Add gray or black grips, very nice. A stainless pistol OTOH looks great with wood grips... but that's just me. I guess my point is, if you have the option, once you find the right fit, if it comes in several colors, don't just pick one, pick the right one!

·
Registered
232 Posts
On my P30L....

Medium Backstrap
Large Right
Medium Left

This combo feels the most comfortable in my large paws.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
For grips, there are two issues at work, looks, and function. Yes it has to fit your hand well, that's most important. But..... grips also reaaaaaly affect how a pistol looks. For me, a beautiful pistol has two colors, but not three. Black and gray looks great, but add wood grips and, nope, not good. Add gray or black grips, very nice. A stainless pistol OTOH looks great with wood grips... but that's just me. I guess my point is, if you have the option, once you find the right fit, if it comes in several colors, don't just pick one, pick the right one!
What exactly are you talking about? Perhaps you were thinking the P30 had aftermarket grips for it? The P30 can only take panels that you insert and a backstrap that you slide on to hold it all together.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Ah... yes I was... and didn't know that. I'll sit down now.
No worries, just thought maybe you had an aftermarket colored grip supplier.

I have XXL sized paws, and prefer the meds all around too. Some folks really do seem to like putting one size on one side and one on the other. Keep messing with it, and happy shooting!

·
Registered
371 Posts
lol, this is not 1911 forum.

to OP, just use whatever you are comfortable with. There is no right answer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have XXL sized paws, and prefer the meds all around too. Some folks really do seem to like putting one size on one side and one on the other. Keep messing with it, and happy shooting!
Funny enough, my hands are on the smallish side! I found the small back panel shortened the trigger reach too much, and the small side ones made the grip too thin.

But, Bombtech945--try them all see what you like best! (BTW, your username reminded me of a not-so-fun day I had at the San Diego airport last September:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Grips

When I received my P30, it had mediums on all three panels. I switched the rear piece and presently I'm set up with medium sides along with a small back. But I've been considering going back to a medium back panel, along with using a small on the palm side panel. I'm wondering by using the larger rear panel, will it disburse the recoil over a little larger area. I'm stuck with medium sized hands, so I don't see a lot of options. If you have similar size hands, whats your set up? And, does changing that rear piece, have any change in the felt recoil.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny enough, my hands are on the smallish side! I found the small back panel shortened the trigger reach too much, and the small side ones made the grip too thin.

But, Bombtech945--try them all see what you like best! (BTW, your username reminded me of a not-so-fun day I had at the San Diego airport last September:
Lol! Great pic! That's the same suit I wear to work! Lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
Even though I am not a large person, I have large hands. I have still found that I shoot best with the large backstrap, medium right side panel, an small left side panel. Go figure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also posted this on the other HK45 backstrap thread, but I like medium all around on the P30. I don't think I have large hands, although I typically wear large gloves, lol. The medium backstrap feels better on my palm.

On the HK45, the grip is almost too large; it's not nearly as comfy as the P30. Still, I also stick with the medium since my issue is more the overall circumference near the top of the grip, and the small and medium are pretty much the same at the top. Again, the fuller palm of the medium feels better.

In fact, the P30 medium backstrap and HK45 medium backstrap are pretty close to one another....

·
Registered
162 Posts
P30s-V3 .40
Lefty
Medium backstrap
Large left panel
Medium right panel

Wife's P30S-V3 9mm
Righty, small hands, long fingers
Large backstrap
Large right panel