HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a nice Hensoldt ZF1 Scope kit. It is in excellent shape. Came with tool kit, lens cloth, brush and a grey lens filter. My question is and please do not laugh. Which:300000000: end does the lens filter go on? Is it the objective or eye end? It did not come with a manual and it is my first scope. Please advise. Thanks

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I just got a nice Hensoldt ZF1 Scope kit. It is in excellent shape. Came with tool kit, lens cloth, brush and a grey lens filter. My question is and please do not laugh. Which:300000000: end does the lens filter go on? Is it the objective or eye end? It did not come with a manual and it is my first scope. Please advise. Thanks
The grey filter is inserted in front of the eye piece.

Best,

TC

·
Registered
307 Posts
Wait... WHAT?? He's gotten two answers. Like, I have a Trijicon ACOG on my M4 and it has a filter that goes on the front of it, kinda looks like a set of honey combs, is that what you mean?

Those are used to mask your signature of your scope.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Or maybe I misread Turbo Com's post
Sorry if the response was unclear; I replied to the OP through PM’s.

It is not a honeycomb sunshade that goes on the objective end, it is for glare reduction and inserts into the rubber cap on the eye piece.

http://www.drzero.org/cetme/pdf/g3sm.pdf

From page 7 of the manual:

2.2.7 - A gray filter according to item 1.3.3 can be inserted in the protection cap on the eyepiece side as anti-dazzle protection. (1.3.3 provides a description of the filter.)

2.3.4 - In the case of major dazzling effect cause by sun or snow, insert gray filter (22) in rubber protection cap on eyepiece side. (22 is from figure 5 and simply labels the gray filter on the picture.)

Hope that helps.

Best,

TC

·
Registered
74 Posts
I believe it is polarized glass to eliminate reflected light or "dazzle" like they use on sunglasses and camera lens filters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts