HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which FPBS spring comes with a new V1 (2010 BA date code) USPC?
Is it part# 209296, or 214192?
I have a 2010 BA date code USPC.

I did a LEM conversion a few months back, V1 to LEM, and I'm wondering if I have a full Light LEM with the stock FPBS, or if I can make the trigger a *little* more smooth, or if everything is as light as it gets. Sorry if this is clear in the other posts...they are always talking about another pistol (HK45, p30 or p2000/sk)

I kept the stock TRS and Hammer springs after I realized they were supposed to stay in. I had to get a smith to put the TRS back in, as I couldnt find small enough needle nose pliers and I did not own a bench and clamp and an extra hand to put it in myself. The hkparts site did not really give me much help as to determine what I already had, and the manual does not really specify which one it comes with.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
The firing pin block spring has no relation to the trigger type. HK updated the firing pin and block assembly after the USP had been out for about 5 years (if I remember right) due to reported issues with broken firing pins.

Yours has the new type given when it was made.

-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The firing pin block spring has no relation to the trigger type. HK updated the firing pin and block assembly after the USP had been out for about 5 years (if I remember right) due to reported issues with broken firing pins.

Yours has the new type given when it was made.
I see, so when people talk about replacing it without experiencing breakages, they must have older models...it just seemed to come up in all the threads talking about LEM conversions, which is why I asked.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Which FPBS spring comes with a new V1 (2010 BA date code) USPC?
Is it part# 209296, or 214192?
I have a 2010 BA date code USPC.

I did a LEM conversion a few months back, V1 to LEM, and I'm wondering if I have a full Light LEM with the stock FPBS, or if I can make the trigger a *little* more smooth, or if everything is as light as it gets. Sorry if this is clear in the other posts...they are always talking about another pistol (HK45, p30 or p2000/sk)

I kept the stock TRS and Hammer springs after I realized they were supposed to stay in. I had to get a smith to put the TRS back in, as I couldnt find small enough needle nose pliers and I did not own a bench and clamp and an extra hand to put it in myself. The hkparts site did not really give me much help as to determine what I already had, and the manual does not really specify which one it comes with.

Thanks,
Matt
You have the FPBS with part #209296. That is the lighter one that you speak of, which is exactly what brutetc said.

What you can try, if you want a bit of a smoother, maybe lighter trigger, is you can install the nickle plated sear spring, and also the light TRS, which is also known as the light LEM TRS. The part numbers for those two springs are:

Nickle Plated Sear Spring: 215691
Light TRS: 209266

I did this to my USP40, and it made quite a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and also the light TRS, which is also known as the light LEM TRS. The part numbers for those two springs are:

Nickle Plated Sear Spring: 215691
Light TRS: 209266

I did this to my USP40, and it made quite a noticeable difference.
I thought this light TRS already came with it stock? The lighter TRS that came in my LEM kit seemed to be painted black (i think anyway) and it almosted seemed to have a slightly higher compression ratio upon inspection with my fingers. Also, I was told by a couple of people that this was the same one that came with my pistol... I read a few threads that there are only 2 types of TRS. The square looking one is obviously the heavier one..

I don't want to rehash anything and piss anyone off lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know of 4 trigger return springs that Hk makes...standard, heavy, light, and match. I'm pretty sure that your USP Compact would have come with the standard TRS. The light TRS that came in your LEM kit does have a stronger tensile strength than the standard TRS, probably why you felt it a bit tighter...but IT IS actually lighter than the standard TRS. Personally, it is my favorite TRS...and IMHO, best bang-for-the-buck upgrade you can do to your USP.

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know of 4 trigger return springs that Hk makes...standard, heavy, light, and match. I'm pretty sure that your USP Compact would have come with the standard TRS. The light TRS that came in your LEM kit does have a stronger tensile strength than the standard TRS, probably why you felt it a bit tighter...but IT IS actually lighter than the standard TRS. Personally, it is my favorite TRS...and IMHO, best bang-for-the-buck upgrade you can do to your USP.

Just my 2 cents...
Considering how hard it was for me to try and eventually give up and take it to the gunsmith just to figure out that I installed the WRONG spring, this is not what I wanted to hear lol. Do you recomend a set of long needle nose pliers small enough to help change out the TRS spring? standard size kinda chewed up the little well that the TRS goes into (not too bad, I just want to minimize the damage to my frame) I have a smaller than std set, but the nose part isnt quite long enough to get inside there well enough..

Also just checked hkparts.net and they only sell Match, Light and Heavy

·
Registered
72 Posts
It is a tricky task, I will admit. However, the smaller the pliers, the better. I like to use "electronics" needle nose pliers, with a bent nose...not sure of the exact angle of the pliers, but they look close to 45 degrees at most...maybe a bit less. They are thinner than standard pliers, and also smaller, which makes them easier to use while replacing the TRS.

Do a search on TRS install on the forum...there have been some pretty good posts with some good tips on tackling the TRS task...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here are the TRS part numbers that Hk supplies:

Standard: 214164
Heavy: 219441
Light: 209266
Match: 215679

These are the only ones that I am aware of...

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
Here are the TRS part numbers that Hk supplies:

Standard: 214164
Heavy: 219441
Light: 209266
Match: 215679

These are the only ones that I am aware of...
Am I rating these by weight properly?
Heavy
Standard
Light
Match

-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you are rating them from heaviest to lightest, then yes, you are correct.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I must have gotten very lucky, or figured out some trick or something, because TRS replacement was easy for me... I just used small NN pliers to drop the new one in with the right orientation (takes a couple of tries usually), then I used something (can't recall what - tip of pliers, or pencil eraser, or cleaning stick, or something) to press down lightly on the exposed top of the spring coils to "load" it while pushing in the trigger pin with a finger... went right in with no fuss. I didn't use the pliers to try to "shove" it in there or anything like that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I was finally able to replace the TRS (after I borrowed some different pliers and a better bench vise from my dad) and I don't notice any perceptible difference in the reset or trigger pull with the stock spring and the one that came with my LEM.

I don't own a trigger pull scale like the ones shown in the How To threads... Maybe ill have to switch them out a few times to really tell any difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts