HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a standard config. G3 barrel, and have found a POF for 170.00 and Vector for 126.00.

If I had to choose between the two, whats the diff other than price. (both are new)

Thanks
P

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
The POF barrel is made to original mil spec by a contract manufacturer. The Vector barrel is US made to whatever spec they like and usually are not typical G3 configuration. The part is more than likely a good one but if you want something as close to original as possible go with the POF. I had IGF use a new POF G3 barrel when they built my gun and it was perfect. If price is important go with Vector. You probably won't go wrong.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks HKShooter. That's just what I needed to know. I'm looking for quality above price point. Think I'll go with POF.

P

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
I don't know if they made a G3 or not but they did make a few 91's and SR9s.

·
Vendor
6,920 Posts
Did HK ever make a G3 with a polyagonal barrel?
YES But not alot . The germen army did not like them. And went back to the standard config. G3 barrels. This infor came of hk. it was do to rust in the ends of the barrels. and that the polyagonal barrels did not like AP rounds.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
fwiw the POF's are hammer forged, the Vector's are GreenMountain. Also Rim Country are going to start making 308 bbls soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts