HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a P30L 9mm SA/DA, an HK45c SA/DA, and a USPc 9mm SA/DA. I am primarily shooting with the P30L. I love shooting the HK45 but the ammo cost keeps that down somewhat. I really like the USPc but it is the gun I shoot the least. I was in my LGS today and they have a used P2000SK 9mm. It is a variant 2 which I tried in the store with dry caps and liked. It has slight wear and I didn't check the date code. Everything that came in the box is included. I am tempted to trade the USPc for the P2000SK if I could get the right deal. Is this a trade you all would do or would you keep the USPc?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have both. But if I can only keep one, I would choose USPc. I simply like the USP more than the SK.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I really can't justify both guns and I don't want to realize that I regret selling the USPc (sellers regret?)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
thew correct answeris get and keep both. in any case I actually shoot my P2k SK light LEM better in IDPA than my USPc, both in 9mm.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I really can't justify both guns and I don't want to realize that I regret selling the USPc (sellers regret?)
Sellers Remorse, like Buyers Remorse but worse since you can have attachments to something you've had for awhile, like a flashlight.

jokes probably not even funny but whateva

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sellers Remorse, like Buyers Remorse but worse since you can have attachments to something you've had for awhile, like a flashlight.

jokes probably not even funny but whateva
Completely agree. Just cuz its the same variant and maybe date code doesn't make it YOUR gun once you sell it and buy another back. And yes...same for flashlights.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Out of the USPc or P2sk? I'd choose the USPc, althought subcompacts make great EDC firearms I can conceal my USPc just as easily as a P2sk (I'm saying that based on my previous experience with a Glock 26 and I'm assuming they are similar size) and I feel more comfortable with a bigger gun, bigger grip for better control, longer sight radius, and longer slide to get more of my hand on just incase I need too. Just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Keep the uspc, nothing against the p2k but the complete lack of the option of a saftey makes me never want any p2000 or p2000sk.

·
Registered
179 Posts
edit

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
They're all fantastic pistols. I would go with the P30L and if you want something smaller to carry then go with the P2000sk. Or just keep the USPc as an EDC.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Tough choice, the USPc is a an awesome classic...but I never really shot mine that well. The P2000sk was a tack driver for me...I'm bummed I sold it off. I will replace it in the near future.

Best answer, keep the USPc and if you can swing it, pick up the P2000sk. At the very least, keep the USPc and see if you can find an sk to try out in LEM...it may not be for you and then you'll regret losing the USPc.

Good luck, an Hk dilemma is not really a dilemma at all...it's the lack of funds that haunts us all.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I love my P2K, it is 9mm LEM and I've run the heck out of it at may training schools and competition. I'm talking 6K rounds without a malfunction, this was documemnted by Marty Hayes and Tom Givens, at FAS and David Maglio at MAG-IC. I'm going to get another as I don't want to be without one. And a SK in addition.

·
Banned
219 Posts
P30L, or USP Compact. The 45c just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
While I love my P2kSK I don't think I'd give up an 45c or a USPc for it. If you have a conceal carry hole in your system then, sure but if it's just "a want" gun then, No.

The SK is a great carry option but the other two are just better all around guns.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
While I love my P2kSK I don't think I'd give up an 45c or a USPc for it. If you have a conceal carry whole in your system then, sure but if it's just "a want" gun then, No.

The SK is a great carry option but the other two are just better all around guns.
I'm quite surprised to hear you say that. I thought you would vote for the P2sk/P30L combo. Just seems like you're very fond of both more so than the other HK's.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I'm quite surprised to hear you say that. I thought you would vote for the P2sk/P30L combo. Just seems like you're very fond of both more so than the other HK's.
it's the truth though. The sk is either for the guy who will buy a new one and throw it in the safe and never fire it, or do what it was meant for and carry it. I have no doubt that the sk is a fantastic gun, but unless you need a subcompact because the uspc is too large for you to conceal, the uspc will do anything the sk can.

·
Registered
55 Posts
...I really like the USPc...I am tempted to trade the USPc for the P2000SK if I could get the right deal. Is this a trade you all would do or would you keep the USPc?
I wouldn't make that trade unless: A) I was certain I no longer wanted the USPc, or B) I wanted the P2000SK so much that I'd be willing to give up a gun that I really like to get it. If you're not convinced either way, just hang on to what you've got--you'll be glad you did.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts