HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got into the HK rifles with the USC/UMP conversion and SL8-6 and they're awesome. However, I've been a Sig guy for handguns and have the P226 and P229. Which one of the HK handguns would be the most similiar to the Sig P226 or P229? I'd appreciate all input. Thanks.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Sig 226 and still carry one on occasion. However, one of the benefits of the HK platforms are their deviation from the standard DA/SA and DAO from companies like Sig and Beretta. I feel that the LEM, Variant 9, and to some extent Variant 1 offer much more to the shooter. You never know, you may find something you like better.

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,023 Posts
I'd go "old-school" and get the USP full size :)

The P30 trigger is awful compared to the SIG SRT. I like the USP trigger better than the P30 trigger....

·
Registered
132 Posts
There is no current HK handgun that will feel like a sig, you're comparing apples to oranges. I own several USPs and a P226 USPSA and can say with absolute certainty that no USP trigger will ever feel as good as Sig's SRT. What will be the purpose for the new HK? That should help us narrow down the options.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Personally I think a P30 is about the furthest modern HK from a Sig. The trigger is completely different and the decock is totally different. A usp full/compact would be the easiest transition. Similar decock locations, and a more duty looking gun like the sigs. Not sure which caliber your thinking about but a USP compact in 9mm is a great starter HK.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
The closest in operation to a Sig would probably be a Mark 23. Seperate safety and decocker and DA/SA. However it's huge. I would suggest a USP or P30.

·
Registered
332 Posts
USP 9 full size. i've owned all kinds of sigs and that SRT is a very nice trigger. now i own only 1 sig (p229 elite) and a whole mess of HK's. get the USP, you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I used to be for the most part straight Sig, all DA/SA. Then I tried DAK and loved it. I converted all my Sigs, except two Elites that have SRT, to DAK. I then had the chance to try the LEM.........LOVED IT!

Bought a P2000 V2 LEM and carried it for awhile. Just got a P30. I have never had a gun feel so good in the hand as the P30. I have used every grip made for Sigs also.

The SRT doesn't impress me that much. Some people love it. For me unless you strictly ride the reset (which I don't, I don't release SRTs any less than regular Sigs) and are just doing mag dumps, I really don't see the big deal. The two SRT equipped Sigs I have seem to have a rougher DA pull than the non-SRT. Maybe it's just me.

Back on topic. In my opinion everyone should try a P30 if wanting to get into HKs. I am not saying it's the end all pistol, but at this moment it is for me.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Jump right in with the best of breed. Get the P30 !!! I have been a long time SIG shooter but since getting a P30 I just don't want to shoot my SIGs any more. I prefer DA/SA so my P30 is V3. Bill

·
Registered
94 Posts
The HK p30 is hard to beat. I do love my HK usp 9mm and 45 though. I leaned more towards the usp 9mm because of the jet funnel 18 round mags and the "tactical" 30 round mag.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just try and handle as many HK's as you can at your LGS , and shoot some at any local ranges that have HK's for rent before you buy. What one person likes will not be right for everybody. For instance, after hearing all the glowing reviews of the P30, it was my must have first HK. After shooting/handling nearly every model, I went with a full-size USP with the USP compact being my close runner-up. The P30 was actually the only HK I didn't like. Different strokes...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, I appreciate all the suggestions. I'll probably go check out the P30 and USP later this evening at the lgs. I just want to add to my HK gun colllection.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts