HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This can came with my MP5K-N and it is fitted with a Gemtech 3 lug. Can you recommend which 9mm pistols and/or barrels are compatible?

The "Omega" is an older model that didn't see much use!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Does it have the ability to use a recoil booster, or have the attachment section swapped out to a pistol specific threading system?

If not, then i would only recommend using it with FIXED barrel handguns. It will not properly cycle on a USP unless its around 7 ounces or less (like the CCF carbon fibre). Something like a P9 would work fine, with the 9mm barrel, you could have a 3-lug adaptor made up for it, since the barrel wall it quite thick.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it have the ability to use a recoil booster, or have the attachment section swapped out to a pistol specific threading system?

If not, then i would only recommend using it with FIXED barrel handguns. It will not properly cycle on a USP unless its around 7 ounces or less (like the CCF carbon fibre). Something like a P9 would work fine, with the 9mm barrel, you could have a 3-lug adaptor made up for it, since the barrel wall it quite thick.
The 3 lug attachment is fixed. I do not know about a recoil booster. Is there not a good barrel made with the 3 lug for the HK's?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
How much does the can weigh?

you should be able to make it work with a P9s (they are possibly the best HK pistol platform to suppress), or mabey a P7, although they don't suppress very well (due to fluted chamber)

Without a LID/Booster, you can't use it on the USP, or any other browning short recoil operated type pistols at ALL. Mabey a 1911 in 9mm, but im not sure... The problem is, it will not cycle because of the weight keeping the barrel from rotating up, and it will slowly damage the frame, because they slide will not unlock.

If you have a P9, or some other FIXED barrel gun (like a Beretta) it should work just fine, BUT, you'll have to get a 3-lug adaptor that screws on, although i think several people have, or can make them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This can came with my MP5K-N and it is fitted with a Gemtech 3 lug. Can you recommend which 9mm pistols and/or barrels are compatible?

The "Omega" is an older model that didn't see much use!

Thanks!
The Omega is a great subgun can.

It will work with the P9 and P7 if you can find an extra barrel. TROS will add an extension to a standard barrel to which you can add a 3-lug adapter.

I did this with my P9 and can use my SWR Trident on it.

It's too heavy to use on anything without a fixed barrel. A pistol with non-fixed barrel will become single shot only.

Edit to add that my Trident is too heavy to cycle my Beretta without a booster, and the Trident is lighter than the Omega.

HTH

·
1,209 Posts
The P9S is a great suppressor host with its fixed barrel.

You can get a spare std 9mm barrel and have Mark McWillis at TROS thread it and provide a 3-lug barrel extension.

I love the P9S suppressed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts