HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am particularly interested in military history and weapons. Certain HK weapons, like the MP5, are well known as popular weapons for certain military and law enforcement units. But which HK pistol has the best military credentials? In other words, which HK model has been most used by military forces?

I know the MK23 is strongly associated with special operations. But, from what information I can find, it appears that its employment may have been somewhat limited in numbers and in real world use. So, perhaps a version of the USP has been more widely used by some military or in combat? I'm not sure.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
USP is my best guess. Used widely around the globe

·
Registered
794 Posts
The US Navy SEALs use the HK 45c and I would not be surprised if they transition to an additional HK pistol as time goes on. I have heard some European military units now use the P30 but have no confirmation on this. Bill

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am particularly interested in military history and weapons. Certain HK weapons, like the MP5, are well known as popular weapons for certain military and law enforcement units. But which HK pistol has the best military credentials? In other words, which HK model has been most used by military forces?

I know the MK23 is strongly associated with special operations. But, from what information I can find, it appears that its employment may have been somewhat limited in numbers and in real world use. So, perhaps a version of the USP has been more widely used by some military or in combat? I'm not sure.

Thanks for the input!
The larger military users of HK pistols would include the German Army with the P8 (USP9), P10 (USP9C) and P12 (USP45T). In the US the largest single user is the CBP (Customs Border Patrol) with the P2000 and USP40C LEM but that is not a military organization. The MK23 pistol was fielded in numbers of less than 2500 units and was seldom employed due to its size.
G3Kurz

·
Banned
188 Posts
Thanks for the input G3Kurz, as always. Would you happen to know if any agencies are using the P30 in the United States?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I love my HK pistols regardless of who uses them but I am tagging this thread because it still makes me giddy knowing the kind of elite forces that are using the same weapon as I am to go about doing amazing things.

Anyways, have a nice day :100000:

·
Registered
865 Posts
My first guess would be the MK23 but then again maybe the USP.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I don't in fact, but some should. It's a great handgun.
G3Kurz
I thought I had read there was a department in the state of Washington that switched to the P30. I might be mistaken, though.

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,023 Posts
The US Navy SEALs use the HK 45c and I would not be surprised if they transition to an additional HK pistol as time goes on. I have heard some European military units now use the P30 but have no confirmation on this. Bill
the seals use the hk45c among other pistols. their standard sidearm is still the P226.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The larger military users of HK pistols would include the German Army with the P8 (USP9), P10 (USP9C) and P12 (USP45T). ...
+ P7, P30, P11, P2A1 and the MZP/Granatpistole 40mm (not really a pistol...).

PS.: OT-question: Is German Army the right term? I would translate Army = Heer, Navy = Marine, Airforce = Luftwaffe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts