HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me decide. I am looking at the vp9, usp9, hk45c

I am thinking the usp9 for only range use, but the vp9 peaks my interest as well, or maybe the vp40 as its more robust.
Whys, and reasons to your decisions. Please

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
For range use only I'd be looking for something a little longer. You can get a brand new USP Expert 45 for a decent price right now. Im waiting on a VP9L to jump the pond.

·
Registered
747 Posts
45c gets my vote followed by the vp

·
Registered
838 Posts
USP, then VP9, then 45c. USP in first for me because it shoots softly, accurately, looks great, is highly tested and practically invincible, 9mm is an ideal caliber, and I prefer the DA/SA trigger, especially if upgraded to the match trigger.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
If it's just for range use I would definitely go with something longer. As it would lead to a more enjoyable experience (less recoil, more accurate). P30L, usp expert 9, usp elite 9, VP9L (whenever it makes it over)

But of those listed I'm very fond of my VP9 these days

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
USP, then VP9, then 45c. USP in first for me because it shoots softly, accurately, looks great, is highly tested and practically invincible, 9mm is an ideal caliber, and I prefer the DA/SA trigger, especially if upgraded to the match trigger.
Gotta agree with potato. Get all 3, of course. But I agree with this order. The usp9 with match trigger, Dawson sights, and jet funnel is my favorite gun. And favorite hk. Well, maybe tied with the expert. But it is a fantastic gun.

·
Registered
248 Posts
USP9 and 45c. I love the DA/SA pieces.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
All 3. USP would be last on my list, I love my 45c, for some reason shoot it better than my VP9. Mine's an LEM, though both are tack drivers. USP just doesn't fit me well I guess.

·
Registered
711 Posts
USP9 FS. With JF, Black JF mags, Trijicon HD's, extended mag release. Why.....because it is a great shooting 9mm pistol with the perfect set up.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I would go with any of the USP 9's, or the P30/P30L.

I've tried (believe me, I've gone down this road, mentally, many times), but for the life of me I can't understand the rationale behind a compact, 8+1 .45 that isn't a 1911. For practically the same size, you can get a P30 that has double the capacity and is twice as shootable, or an even smaller USPC 9 that still has over 50% greater capacity, and again, is much more shootable.

If I ever carry a gun that's 8+1, it's going to be my Wilson, because that gun is actually easy to shoot well, obviously. The HK45 is only 10+1, but it makes up for its capacity with pure shootability, to a degree that you're just never going to get in a slippery, small, high-recoiling HK45C. I'm glad for the people that like it, and I'm obviously biased, but I just don't understand the concept at all. For me, big guns only in .45.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Try out all three and decide what works best for YOU, unless you prefer others making your choices for you like your Mom buying your underwear. I did and for me the easy answer was the VP9 but you might be different.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Of those listed...USP9, then HK45C, then VP9- if you are partial to strikers it is a great take on the striker fired pistol.

I say this without knowing what you have in the stable. If you don't have an HK hammer fired 9mm, then I would rank those: p30/P30L, p2000, then USP9/USP9c depending on what size you wanted. The p2000 and USP9c are plenty big for enjoyable range use and small enough to carry. The P30 is borderline on the carry side due to the extra half inch in grip length. If carry is a priority, then I would reorder; p2000, USP9c, then p30.

You really can't go wrong, but you can get a smoking deal on a p30 or p2000 right now ($550 - $600), whereas the USP still demands a premium.

Good luck and let us know what you plan to snag!

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Usp Expert while they last at $930 or less is a deal.

If I was going USP 9 I would get either Tactical or expert with jet funnel/steel mags included. I would rather have those than a standard usp 9 and upgrading it, won't save that much anyway doing it yourself.

VP is great but wait... Lots of new additions and colors enroute.

But do you have a p9s or p7? Might look before the prices get even stupider.

Shockwave

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
does the usp9 tactical come with the adjustable trigger ( the hex screw inserted? )

what about the expert? same adjustable trigger? I would rather have the expert in 45, not 9mm.

how often are the elites in 45 released? always liked those, visually bada$$ looking

1 - 20 of 40 Posts