HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USP.45 and a P2000SK.40, I can only have two handguns (part of a larger compromise with my wife). I love my SK but not as much as my USP. I am considering a trade of the SK. What should I trade it for? I can only have two great combat handguns... which is my second? Keep in mind that I live in California, so I can't have a tac or HK45.

·
Registered
77 Posts
P2000 in 9mm.

Leaves you with a compact but a much more comfortable and accurate compact in a more universal and cheaper cartridge. It is also ergonomic and compact enough for the wife to use if need be while you wield the USP.

That's my game.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
P2000 in 9mm.

Leaves you with a compact but a much more comfortable and accurate compact in a more universal and cheaper cartridge. It is also ergonomic and compact enough for the wife to use if need be while you wield the USP.

That's my game.
+1 Another vote for the P2000 in 9mm.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you love your USP45 and your getting rid of the sk, why not look at the USPc 45. You get a smaller gun than the full size 45 for easier concealment, and you also get the feel of the full size USP that you already love. If you want to stick with a 40, look at the P2000. Those would seem to be the logical choices to me if you were looking to stay with an H&K.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would never part ways with my H&Ks. Time to find a new wifey. Guns over wifes anyday.

·
Registered
27 Posts
what are you looking for in your new gun? why do you wnat to get rid of the one you have now? i have to agree with the others, that's quite the compromise... did you put it in writing? ;)

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I'm guessing that you have a V1 USP 45. . .

Since you clearly love the USP 45, I would recommend a V1 USP Compact to go along with it. Same controls, same function, same style.

Main question would be caliber:

* Since you are already used to the 40 caliber round in the SK, I think you would love it in the USP Compact 40. The USPc 40 holds 12+1 rounds just like your USP 45 does, so there would be no difference in capacity between your "two great combat handguns". . . just in overall size and concealability. The feel going to the USPc from the SK should be much more comfortable too.

* I love my V1 USPc 45, and I am admittedly a 45 ACP junkie. Going with a 45 would simplify your ammo considerations greatly since you are also opting for the USP 45 as one of your "two great combat handguns". One thing though. . . the USPc 45 only holds 8+1 rounds of 45 ACP as compared with your USP 45 holding 12+1.

* I love my USPc 9mm too, but it only holds one more round (13+1) than the MUCH-harder-hitting USPc 40 does. Where my USPc 9mm really beats all is in the low cost of ammo needed to feed her with. . . making her a range favorite whenever the funds are low.

Overall, I bet the V1 USPc 40 will be a really good fit for you. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2 HK pistols are a USP .45 Expert & a USP9cSS. The guns are so similar in control but different in feel. There's a nice contrast!

·
Registered
103 Posts
This seems like a good time to quote Shoot 'Em Up. "You know why guns are better than wives? You can put a silencer on a gun." I had to post this up at my fiance's request. Gotta love women who tolerate/support our gun addictions.

On topic, I love my .40 P2000 V3. Nice and compact for carry but shoots like a fullsize. You may also want to consider a P7 variant. Personally, I am also considering picking up a P30. Best of luck to you with your decision.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
USPC .45... I think.

Thanks for all of the great comments guys. I appreciate your thoughts. I am a .45 junkie myself and I am pretty sure the compact is the play. Another downfall of CA is that I can only have 10 round mags anyway... so I only lose 2 rounds in the compact usp. The deal with my wonderful wife is that she is new to guns and I have bought 4 this year already. I told her I wouldn't aquire anymore for awhile. Its expensive and we have a baby on the way. She hasn't asked me not to, but I want to make her happy. I don't mind getting them a bit slower.

On the HK45: I was on the Customer Service forum a few weeks ago and saw that HK said that the required* magazine disconnect that is required in CA is NOT available in the HK45 series.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts