HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use my YHM 5.56 can on my 33K but I wanted to see if anyone found a LP that would work better than the # 3 that's in it now.

Thanks,

·
Registered
554 Posts
When you say work better what do you mean? Does it run too fast, too slow?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't tried it yet, but I don't want to dent the receiver by running it with a can without the proper LP.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have a 93 cut down to 33K barrel length. I ran many rounds with the standard #7 LP, the ROF was very slow, as low as 650 at times. With the suppressor on it had a more normal ROF. No dents in the receiver. When shooting unsuppressed I use the #3 LP which has a normal ROF. You could also try the Malaysian #8 LP which on paper requires more force to unlock.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This thread is actually relevant to a question I was just about to post. I have a factory HK33 (full-length, not K) and I just got a suppressor for it. I have a #3 (58 degree) locking piece in it now, and based on some searching on the forum here I probably want a #7 or #8 (55 or 53 degree, respectively). The rule of thumb is "longer barrel or + can, decrease LP angle" right? Would it be safe to try the #3 with a suppressor since the barrel is full-length? Or should I go ahead and buy a #7 or #8?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts