HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
If you're looking at using a sear pack, stay away from Zenith and POF (maybe MKE and not sure about PTR). They have the thing welded in the rear of the receiver that stops you from using a full auto bolt carrier.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
If you're looking at using a sear pack, stay away from Zenith and POF (maybe MKE and not sure about PTR). They have the thing welded in the rear of the receiver that stops you from using a full auto bolt carrier.
First of all, there’s a company that makes a carrier that gets around “the thing”. Secondly, the Turkish guns get “the thing” because they have a real pushpin lower, & don’t use a 9* style shelf. GARY.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The opposite of this advice.

The block pops right out, and you need a higher quality weapon to run FA... not inferior commercial American parts cobbled together by an artisan.

You apparently already have a legal sear- don't mess around with Clones.

MKE (but avoid late-Zenith imports) or POF (but avoid current Rear End Stretches).

*or as the other poster said- acquire the genuine article.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The opposite of this advice.

The block pops right out, and you need a higher quality weapon to run FA... not inferior commercial American parts cobbled together by an artisan.

You apparently already have a legal sear- don't mess around with Clones.

MKE (but avoid late-Zenith imports) or POF (but avoid current Rear End Stretches).

*or as the other poster said- acquire the genuine article.
Whats going on with current rear end stretches? And how current?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ummmm, I've got got a sear with one 'real' HK and a couple of clones. All run just fine. If money wasn't an issue, sure I'd buy all HKs but at the end of the day it's your gun, your money, you do what you want. Me, I'll shoot my $1700 clone and have a big ol smile on my face.

Not a Poor....

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have a Bobcat MP5 *it came with one of my sears that I got at an estate auction…I also have German HKs (MP5k-N by Terry Dyer, & an MP5 10mm by Ralph Jr. & friends)…I have even fired true factory guns while in the military, as well as Pre-86 Dealer Samples…I am telling you as clearly as I can, all of those guns work equally well…in fact the ONLY thing about the Bobcat that I don’t like is the top of the receiver being marked “PISTOL ONLY”…just because a thing costs more doesn’t make it superior, and just because a thing is obtained for less doesn’t make it inferior…of course there will be plenty of examples in life of “you get what you pay for”, but that isn’t by any means a solid measure of quality, because lots of money will also be spent on garbage…best to judge things on a case by case basis (asking questions just like you did OP) instead of pigeon holing…and on a final note, don’t forget personal taste plays a role as well “to each, their own”

Reactions: fmlyman

·
Vendor
537 Posts
I have a MP5 hosts that I have built using HK and US made parts and they all have literally 1,000's of rounds out of them with both semi and full auto packs in them with NO issues. I personally think the "it must be German" arguement is getting a little out of hand these days. Now...that being said-there are some parts that yes, it pays to use German parts for over US made ones-magazines, extractor springs, and ejector levers. Other than that, I have had no issues....so either I'm lucky, or I'm onto something here....

·
Vendor
537 Posts
If it isn't HK then you aren't worth talking to.....says many of the people who just have to have everything HK but never shoot it as they are afraid of getting it dirty LOL so they either shoot clones that are marked up to look just like an original HK gun. That way they can feel better about that HK elite status and still look down on everyone with their "not worthy clones"

ROLAMO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts