HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have night sights put on my P7 psp but all I'm finding is night sights for the P7M8 are the slide sight cuts the same on these two guns? Will the p7m8 sights install on my psp slide? As an interesting side note a fellow forum member informed me that these "P7 PSP's" aren't psp's at all but are infact plain old P7's w/the euro mag release and no heat shield. I realize that the M8 is its own model and is a later gun in the P7 series with its own differences,but is the slide and its sight cuts one of these differences? .I figure this being the case then the night sights for a P7M8 should fit just fine right?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Trijicon lists night sights for the HK P7, they do not denote whether this is only for the M8 or all P7 models. I would call them and ask if you are interested. They also make long and short versions which I can only assume is refering to the front sight post.

Trijicon, Inc.
(800) 338-0563

·
Registered
595 Posts
Here is some info on PT sights.
http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=012440

Sights that fit the P7M8 do not fit the PSP. Different dovetail slot. The PSP is the generic term used for P7s that aren't M8s. Pretty much if it has a mag release on the bottom folks call it a PSP and if it has a release behind the trigger it's a M8. Any furthur clasifications are for the purists, and waste alot of time if you ask me.

Trijicon lists night sights for the HK P7, they do not denote whether this is only for the M8 or all P7 models.
These are for the M8...sorry. Trijicon doesn't make sights for the PSP.

EDIT; BTW, I neither own nor recommend the PT NS. Only posted info as a resource.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Anyone have experience with the Meprolights for the P7? I've always been a fan of meps since they seem to be the brightest on the market.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I removed the plastic inserts from my P7 PSP factory sights, and sent them to Trijicon to have inserts installed for $18 each ($54 total). A small amount of work with a drill was required to prepare them for the inserts. Report to follow when the sights return from Trijicon.
Night sight front sight height is a concern when purchasing night sights for a PSP.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Night sight front sight height is a concern when purchasing night sights for a PSP.
P7's were made with several different heights of the front sight. They are marked on the bottom of the front sight (when removed). And as already stated replacing the factory sights can have a poa/poi issue. You can also send your slide to Tool tech for inserts, but it's costly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts